VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello everybody. I've bought BDX3200 recently and decided to back up some of my blu-rays. BD25s play just perfect but I have problems with BD50s. The majority of them can't be played, the player says "Unknown Disc". The interesting thing is that sometimes I can play some discs that were not playable before. Any help/advice would be highly appreciated! My BD-RW is LG BH10LS30 and I'm using ImgBurn.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I don't normally recommend this but you might see if your player has a firmware update you can apply. It MIGHT (no guarantees) fix this issue.

I have an LG BD burner too and I'll never buy another one. I've also got a Pioneer and I use it all the time for burning BD discs. The LG is too picky. It can't even recognize LTH media at all. I'm not saying that if you used another brand it would for sure fix your problem, but I am saying that I don't think LG makes good burners. Verbatim BD-R DL should be good quality discs. I had a fussy Momitsu player I used to use and it could play BD-R DL by Verbatim mostly without issues but I burned those with a Pioneer burner drive.

Make sure you burn your discs at a low speed on the LG. It might help. I'd say maybe think about even 2x. I wouldn't advise over 4x for sure on that burner. You'll get fewer write errors if you use a lower speed.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    I don't normally recommend this but you might see if your player has a firmware update you can apply. It MIGHT (no guarantees) fix this issue.

I have an LG BD burner too and I'll never buy another one. I've also got a Pioneer and I use it all the time for burning BD discs. The LG is too picky. It can't even recognize LTH media at all. I'm not saying that if you used another brand it would for sure fix your problem, but I am saying that I don't think LG makes good burners. Verbatim BD-R DL should be good quality discs. I had a fussy Momitsu player I used to use and it could play BD-R DL by Verbatim mostly without issues but I burned those with a Pioneer burner drive.

Make sure you burn your discs at a low speed on the LG. It might help. I'd say maybe think about even 2x. I wouldn't advise over 4x for sure on that burner. You'll get fewer write errors if you use a lower speed.
    Thanks for replying. I've updated the player. I always burn at 2x. I'm thinking of making BDMV folders to ISO files and burn that way. Maybe that'll help? Another thought is to copy only the main movie and burn it. What do you think?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Also make sure that you finalize the disc as this could be the issue. Whenever you burn anything you need to finalize it after burning it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe try tdk or sony bdr-dl. But I guess verbatim is the best.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    It sounds like you're doing everything correct and I doubt that using TDK or Sony discs would make any difference. It may just be that your player is fussy about BD-R DL media and there's not anything you can do about it. Try playing the discs you have problems with in your PC and be sure that the play OK there just to rule any problems with the discs being made incorrectly. Just make sure the discs start and you can jump to some place near the end of the movie to validate that the disc is OK. I doubt that doing movie only will help. I think your problem is mostly like just not liking DL media.
    Quote Quote  
  7. All the discs are playing fine in my pc. Checked every single of them. Yesterday some of the unplayable ones became playable in the player This is the weirdest technical issue I've ever had!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    My experience with my old Momitsu BluRay player was that it never refused to play any Verbatim BD-R DL discs, but some play attempts worked a lot better than others. Sometimes I would have problems like the disc freezing or the menu not working and other times everything worked perfectly. It may be something similar with your player.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    My experience with my old Momitsu BluRay player was that it never refused to play any Verbatim BD-R DL discs, but some play attempts worked a lot better than others. Sometimes I would have problems like the disc freezing or the menu not working and other times everything worked perfectly. It may be something similar with your player.
    Yeah, very similar!
    Quote Quote  
  10. I've managed to solve my problem. The player plays BD-RE DLs just fine, no problems at all. No BD-R DLs, weird.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Just understand that re-writable discs are not designed for long term storage. Eventually that which makes them re-writable will make them unreadable, even if left alone. So if you want to write to RE discs just to play something soon, no problem. But if you are writing precious home videos to RE discs and you expect to still be able to play them in 10 years, that might be another story.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Just understand that re-writable discs are not designed for long term storage. Eventually that which makes them re-writable will make them unreadable, even if left alone. So if you want to write to RE discs just to play something soon, no problem. But if you are writing precious home videos to RE discs and you expect to still be able to play them in 10 years, that might be another story.
    Thanks for the info! So even if I write something and keep the disc on the shelf in time the disc will become unusable right?
    Quote Quote