VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Ok so I really want to convert some of my H.264 files to AVCHD in a .m2ts container. I have had tsMuxeR on my MacBook for over a year and every time I try and even open the app it just crash's before it even runs....Wtf..I don't understand this because I see posts about it being awesome but I can't even open the fricken app! Any help? Any alternatives? I seriously do not know of another way to mux h.264 into .m2ts....
    Quote Quote  
  2. Snow Leopard? Official version is known to be incompatible. There is an alternate "VoxMac" version

http://instantitunes.wordpress.com/2010/02/26/use-tsmuxer-on-snow-leopard/
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm actually running Lion...I downloaded the Vox unofficial hack and it opens but it won't recognize any of the files I try to input like .ac3, .264, .PCM, .WAV, etc. Weird... It says "Can't detect stream type" for everything...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Any solutions? I've pretty much given up hope for being able to mux .M2ts.....how can Tsmuxer be the only thing to create such a file type? Surely its more common...I mean its used as storage for AVCHD camera's! I mean I don't mind .Mkv and I actually prefer it but nothing but my computer and rare Blu-Ray player can play the format!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Unfortunately your problem is Mac specific. tsmuxer works fine on Windows. I've never had any of the problems you have. Send a private message to one of our moderators (baldrick, johns0 - there are others but I remember those two) and ask him to move this thread to the Mac section of the forums. When you have Mac specific issues you really need to post there as we have members who watch that forum to help people with Mac specific problems.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Thread moved to the mac forum where you can get more help.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  7. …and make a search into this forum, to find an "hacked version" to manage to continue to use it on newer systems.
    PS(from memories): made by VoxMac.

bye
    For DVD, iPad, HD, connected TV, … iMovie & FCPX? MovieConverter-Studio 3 (01/24/2015) - Handle your camcorder's videos? even in 60p or 60i? do a slow-motion? MovieCam.
    Quote Quote  
  8. You might try installing wine and using the Windows version of tsmuxer.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by nateo200 View Post
    Ok so I really want to convert some of my H.264 files to AVCHD in a .m2ts container. I have had tsMuxeR on my MacBook for over a year and every time I try and even open the app it just crash's before it even runs....Wtf..I don't understand this because I see posts about it being awesome but I can't even open the fricken app! Any help? Any alternatives? I seriously do not know of another way to mux h.264 into .m2ts....

https://www.videohelp.com/download/tsMuxeR_1.10.6_VoxMac_Unofficial_Build.dmg

this version works for snow leopard and lion.
    you have to remove or rename 2 fonts to make it work though

AppleMyungjo.ttf and Gungseouche.ttf located in /Library/Fonts
    Last edited by bobwtf; 21st May 2012 at 15:14.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by bobwtf View Post
    Originally Posted by nateo200 View Post
    Ok so I really want to convert some of my H.264 files to AVCHD in a .m2ts container. I have had tsMuxeR on my MacBook for over a year and every time I try and even open the app it just crash's before it even runs....Wtf..I don't understand this because I see posts about it being awesome but I can't even open the fricken app! Any help? Any alternatives? I seriously do not know of another way to mux h.264 into .m2ts....

https://www.videohelp.com/download/tsMuxeR_1.10.6_VoxMac_Unofficial_Build.dmg

this version works for snow leopard and lion.
    you have to remove or rename 2 fonts to make it work though

AppleMyungjo.ttf and Gungseouche.ttf located in /Library/Fonts
    This is a bit of a late thank you but THANK YOU! Much appreciated link! I deleted the Fonts all together and ran the build you posted and it works like a charm. I now don't need to use a windows machine just to make Blu-ray/AVCHD .m2ts files/folder structures. Now if I could just get something like eac3to....
    Quote Quote  
  11. Does anyone know if tsMuxeR works on OSX Mountain Lion? Also, what about Hybrid and OSX Mountain Lion? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Haven't tried since, I haven't upgraded to Mountain Lion (which is probably the last OS X version I can support until I buy a new mac, which isn't planned atm.), but I guess it should. If not send me a pm to notify me and I will look at it on sunday.
    Quote Quote  
  13. It seems to work fine for me, once I remembered to remove those pesky AppleMyungjo.ttf and*Gungseouche.ttf fonts from /Library/Fonts. I didn't even have to clear the font cache. Before I did that, TSMuxer wouldn't recognize my raw h264 file (extracted using "ffmpeg -i infile.mp4 -an -vcodec copy -vbsf h264_mp4toannexb outfile.h264"), it just gave me the yellow triangle. One more thing to note, Mountain Lion appears to consider a folder named BDMV a package, so you might need to choose "Show Package Contents" from the contextual menu in Finder if you need to get into it.
    Last edited by llee782; 18th Aug 2012 at 14:46.
    Quote Quote