VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am talking about the youtube kinda files and would like to edit certain frames out at the end. However, since the videos themselves are not great quality I'd like a program that could save the edited output as mp4 without re-encoding (just stream the untouched parts)

Can this be done in any program?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try Avidemux:

video=copy
    audio=copy
    format=MP4
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by shaema View Post
    Try Avidemux:

video=copy
    audio=copy
    format=MP4
    You forgot to tell him THE most important part.....Key Frames.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hech54:

Thanks for your comment.

I was hoping the OP will go a head and read about Avidemux, and if the issue of frame accuracy / key frames was raised then I will respond.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Actually, and I may be in the minority, I find that with not so great source video I don't worry so much about reencoding. Not if the source video is crap anyway. It'll still look just as good/bad.

Re keyframes & avidemux ... I've found you can force keyframes at scene changes pretty reliably when reencoding. Set the GOP to closed and the max I-frame interval to half or less the default 300.

This may not give the "few frames" desired but being able to cut at scene changes is usually what you'd want if you can't just cut anywhere.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Smart cutter can do it and does not require cut on keyframes. As of this date May 2012 is pretty buggy imo. Also videoredo h264 can do it too and does not require keyframes.
    If you want to see what I've done with my videos,
    check out my video work on youtube, http://www.youtube.com/user/duhmez/
    Quote Quote