VideoHelp Forum
Thread
  1. Hello,

Sorry for my english ...

I want to convert DVD 7Go to DVD 4Go, i'm trying with ffmpegx, but i don't the solution.

Can you help me please ?

Thx

Search Comp PM
    The requantizer in ffmpegX is a bit limited, but here goes:

Originally Posted by http://www.ffmpegX.com/tools.html
    DVD4 Tool (DVD > DVD4GB compression tool)

This tool is for the registered version only (click here to Register). Faster than dvd2one, it uses the M2VRequantiser engine (with kind authorization from Metakine.com), achieving compression of a VOB file larger than 4GB into 4GB without reencoding. To use this tool, proceed as follows:
    • Extract your source into a VOB file, with one video stream and one or two AC3 audio streams (MTR can do it by selecting Title/Chapter mode).
    • Choose the VOB file in the 'Browse' field
    • Select the AC3 audio track number to retain in the first pulldown menu (eg if you extracted stream 4, choose 4)
    • If you want to keep two audio streams, select the second AC3 audio track number in the second pulldown menu (if you extracted stream 5, choose 5). Otherwise leave the second pulldown menu to "None".
    • Click Go.
    The output of this tool is a DVD folder (containing VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS) ready to burn with Toast in DVD mode. The "Keep elementary streams" checkbox (ffmpegX menu in the Apple bar) is taken into account, letting you retrieve the compressed .m2v and .ac3 elementary streams (useful if you want to author in DVD Studio Pro or Sizzle and add chapter markers or other audio tracks / subtitles before mastering). For now only AC3 audio is supported. (If you select a non-existent audio track or a track which is not in AC3 format, the process will stop with the error "Unable to read filename.ac3"). More options for this tool will be added soon.

You can also use this tool on a VOB file smaller than 4GB. In that case, it will get authored into VIDEO_TS (with selected audio tracks) without any recompression.

3. thanks for your reply,

yes i saw this, but he want a VOB, and i have only, video_ts + audio_ts or an .iso

4. And,

how i can convert my video_ts to a VOB file ?
    "Extract your source into a VOB file, with one video stream and one or two AC3 audio streams (MTR can do it by selecting Title/Chapter mode)."