VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Let me start out by saying I've at one time or another downloaded every subtitle program mentioned on this site.
    so I have quite a few of them in my Subtitles folder.

So, what I am looking for is a simple Sup viewer that I can use to correct corresponding srt files that I've made with subtitle edit. I have found a few of them[ Supread,Suprip, BD suptosub] but these are more designed to work with the sup and take up quite a bit of space on the screen.

What I want is an easy way to correct a srt that was created from a Sup. Right now I'm using Notepad to do the srt corrections while viewing the origional Sup at the same time in SupRead or one of the other viewers mentioned.

Using Subtitle edit to generate a srt is simple but the OCR process does leave errors that I don't always catch until after I exit the OCR part of the program. The program doesn't have the ability to reinsert a srt and sup at the same time to make further comparisons and corrections.

So, is there an easier way to make these corrections?

Tony
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Tony!

In Subtitle Edit, in the Ocr window you can right click in the listview, and choose "Save all images with html index" which will create one html page with all Sup images - I use it for corrections and italics.
    (Also, you can use "Import text with matching time codes" to continue working with an already ocr'ed text)

Hope this helps

SE 3.2.2 is out
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Haven't tried it yet..... just read your comment but since I use Subtitle Edit to make most of them anyway an html listing all of the images would be perfect. And if I can do further corrections with this program like you said that would be even better.

Like I originally said, I have downloaded and used just about every subtitle program avail over the last 10 years and for the last day or so I've been going thru every one of them to find if any of them will do a one page image list. The closest I was able to find was a program [SupRead] that would convert the images to thousands of png or bmps.

So, thanks

Tony
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @NIKSE

I tried the HTML right click and it worked. Just amazing!!!

I printed the help listing from your web site and even though I haven't read it all I intend to.

Thanks for such a great program.

Tony
    Quote Quote