VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a 10 years old 30inch phillips tv model 32pw6515/06, that sometimes the picture just switches itself off. If I switch the TV off and on again, the picture doesn't come on then. When I do switch the tv on, a few days/couple of weeks later then the picture comes on. The cycle continues. What causes the picture to automaticaly go off??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Possibly short circuit. I had problems like that with old CRT TV and monitors here in summer, when the humidity is very high.

It might help to dry it out with a hairdrier through the back vents.

But I think it's on the way out. It will only get worse. Time to look for a replacement.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the advice. If it continues will try to investigate further...! Something tells me that there is still a bit of life left on this thing! Too young to be kicked out of the door..
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by AlanHK View Post
    But I think it's on the way out. It will only get worse. Time to look for a replacement.
    Yes.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Mannys View Post
    Thanks for the advice. If it continues will try to investigate further...! Something tells me that there is still a bit of life left on this thing! Too young to be kicked out of the door..
    If you can find an old-school TV repairman, he can probably work out the problem.

However, these days the cost of repair is often more than buying a working used one. I have a very nice 10-year-old Sony 30" myself I got for the cost of delivery as someone was upgrading to plasma.
    Quote Quote