VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have an Alpine DVA5205 that plays VCDs but it has a single laser pickup and it is extremely picky about what kind of media it will play. I have used a variety of store bought blue and green backed CDR and I have tried Verbatim CDRWs and none of them seem to work. I was wondering if anybody has been able to play recorded discs in an Alpine DVD..any information would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Has anybody come across a certain brand of CDRW media that works in a wide variety of players, or can you recommend one that you have good luck with in picky DVD players. Thanks, any information is gretly appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Has anybody come across a certain brand of CDRW media that works in a wide variety of players, or can you recommend one that you have good luck with in picky DVD players. Thanks, any information is gretly appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a Yamaha DVD-S700 (Panasonic A350 clone) with a single laser pickup and I've found that the 74 min TDK, Kodak, Imation and Princo CD-RW Disks all work perfectly in the DVD player. Hope this is of help to you.

Best regards.
    Quote Quote  
  5. my dad has an older sony model (1 laser) that is also picky, it plays MOST cd-rw (not maxell), but to my delight, the housebrand cd-R (not RW) from http://www.yesbuy.net worked on his and my apex (wich plays anything) they advertise Blue CDR, its really blue-green, but it plays fine, the prob is, if it gets scratched (more than a small scratch) the vid hickups on the sony, not the apex or friends other sony.
    Quote Quote