VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi.

Just picked up a 100 pack of Maxell DVD-R 16x discs. Made in Japan and coded as TYG03. My cost here in Canada -- 35.99 plus tax = $40.67 or about $.40 per disc.

So far, I've burned 10 with no problems.

Disc are gold color in the Maxell cake box with blue and white label. Made in Japan listed under UPC code.

I see that these discs are not listed in the media section.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    post them as new media...tyg03 are good media...if u have ability to scan for errors, maybe see how good the burns are...post that also

if u grabbed those from a store, your lucky...they're usually order online stuff for here in the US...only time i got that media code was ordering them from supermediastore...neve have seen those were i'm at
    Quote Quote  
  3. which store,,please. or no difference in price even with shipping:-

http://www.blankdvdmedia.com/products/Taiyo_Yuden_8x_DVD-R_Shiny_Silver.php
    Last edited by victoriabears; 24th Nov 2010 at 09:50.
    PAL/NTSC problem solver.
    USED TO BE A UK Equipment owner., NOW FINISHED WITH VHS CONVERSIONS-THANKS
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I got these at a local computer store. Stopped by today to pick up another 100 pack and asked the owner where he got them and if he would be getting more.

He got them from a store that was going out of business in the US and would not be able to get any more at that price. The price he is selling them at includes his cost per pack plus his shipping cost from the US. Still not a bad deal for TYG03's.
    Quote Quote