VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Two questions about subtitles:

1. Where does everybody find their srt files. Is there an all conquering database somewhere?

2. Is there a database listing movies that have subtitles? Nothing annoys me more than sitting down to watch a movie, get half way into it only to encounter scenes that clearly require subtitles. Has anybody made a list of all the movies with non English-speaking scenes?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    1. THere are million of subtitles sites. http://www.opensubtitles.org/

But my dvd and blu-ray comes with subs...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by phunkidude View Post

2. Is there a database listing movies that have subtitles? Nothing annoys me more than sitting down to watch a movie, get half way into it only to encounter scenes that clearly require subtitles. Has anybody made a list of all the movies with non English-speaking scenes?

Thanks
    "No" to the questions in #2 above.

What kind of movies do you watch where there are regularly non-English speaking scenes halfway into the movie? I watch more foreign language films than anyone I know and this just simply does not happen in films I watch. This is not normal for American or British movies either, although some films may have such scenes from time to time if the story calls for it. But it's sure not something I see enough to notice.

And I have to agree with Baldrick's hinted at statement that if you bought your movies instead of downloading them this wouldn't really be a problem.
    Quote Quote