VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, i just downloaded FFmpeg and mpeg2enc. I browsed binaries loc on my mac desktop and confirmed. I got an error saying that the install was not successful. So i deleted the binaries file and re-opened FFmpeg. Even if it was not installed well, mpeg2enc is black (not red like for other 2 missing files). Means it's detected somehow. I can still convert files. How do i remove it?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Move /Library/Application Support/ffmpegX/mpeg2enc to the trash.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The fact is that i don't have the ffmpegx folder in application support, so i wondering where that file could be..
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Mac OS X has active 3 Library folders.
    • one in your Home folder or User directory; contains stuff for the current user only (I think you may have checked this one)
    • one in the System folder; contains stuff from Apple only
    • one in the root of the boot volume; contains stuff for all users and/or admin accounts (ffmpegX installs stuff into this one)
    Code:
    Macintosh_HD/Users/username/Library   often noted with a tilde: ~Library
    Macintosh_HD/System/Library           often noted with a slash: /System/Library
    Macintosh_HD/Library                  often noted with a slash: /Library
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just checked all of these 3 library folders and none of these does have ffmpegx folder inside.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by svkrzn
    Even if it was not installed well, mpeg2enc is black (not red like for other 2 missing files). Means it's detected somehow.
    If mpeg2enc wasn't copied to /Library/Application Support/ffmpegX/ by the installer, then I can't explain why mpeg2enc would be listed in black.

Originally Posted by svkrzn
    I can still convert files.
    Some conversions do not require mpeg2enc, mencoder or mplayer.

To re-install ffmpegX, you do not have to delete any file. The installer will overwrite any installed binary if it has the checkbox set in the installer window.
    Quote Quote