VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have the following setup:

Intel Pentium Dual CPU; 1.80 GHz; 1GB RAM with Windows XP SP2. I have 2 hard drives and a Firewire card. When we configured this, we removed my TV tuner card.

Sometimes, I want to use this card, but there is no space to fit it internally.
    I was thinking if there is a possibility to use the existing cable (last picture) and change it at the other end so that it will fit into the USB port.

Will it work then, or do I need to connect those copper points (at the bottom of the photo) also. If need be, I can open the PC and post a picture

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Sometimes, I want to use this card, but there is no space to fit it internally.

I was thinking if there is a possibility to use the existing cable (last picture) and change it at the other end so that it will fit into the USB port.
    That cable is nothing but an audio cable used to connect your card to the sound card or onboard sound of your motherboard. This is just an internal card. You can't mod it to use it externally. There are plenty of usb2 tv tuners. Do a search on newegg or ebay and you will see a lot.
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As this would probably be a once-off thing, would I be able to remove one of my hard drives and fit this one while I am doing the job?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    As long as you have an open pci slot if to put it in then yeah. Must be and awfully cramped case if you need to remove a hard drive to make room.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, that is the problem. I do not have an empty slot- I have the IEEE card, the 2 hard drives as well as the DVD writer. The guy who did this last change said that he had to remove the TV card as there was no place on the motherboard.
    That's why I was thinking to go the USB route with minimal cost
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Well then it seems like you are left with either removing something from an existing pci slot so that you can install the pci capture card or you can buy a usb capture device.

Usb capture devices on newegg

Usb capture devices on ebay

Quote Quote