VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Ok, just ran out and bought the 5590, mainly because of its usb. I flashed the latest custom firmware (DVP5990_37_vb6_v1_2_1_volume).

Question is, I have a WD Mybook, 500gb. Some of the divx-s are working, but other folders are plain empty. Its almost full of movies, so definitely past the 640 file limit (or whatever).
    How do I solve it? Is partitioning the right thing to do? if I split it say in 2 or 3 Fat partitions will this work? I dont know if i should try it in case it wont work.

Anyone has tried it? Any pointers?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try swissknife for formatting. It gets past some of the FAT32 limitations.

Are you only having problems with the 640 limitation, or did you actually create several folders and put something in them, but it's showing them as empty?
    You say "Some of the divx-s are working, but other folders are plain empty.", which doesn't necessarily mean that you have something in those folders. Do you mean "Some of the divx-s (in folders) are working, but other folders are (showing up as) plain empty."?

Also, the 640 limit is per level (if I'm not mistaken). Categorizing various them into folders circumvents the limitation.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I attached a screenshot. The WD is in Fat32 format. I basically have 4 main folders, like movies, shows, kids shows. The biggest folder is movies, organized in alphabetical order, A, B, etc, and under each letter I have divx-es, a few for each letter. The movie folder counts 1026 files in 424 folders.

The folders do have files in them, avi files, but when connected to the 5990 seem empty.

Quote Quote