VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a NTSC PHilips player and I've heard that this player can play region 2 dvd. My question is can it play region 2 PAL dvds from UK with NTSC monitor?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    There's a hack code available for this player that should enable you to put it in multiregion mode. I say "should" because I have one of these players and it worked fine for me, so it should work for you. The default video output for this player is set to MULTI or ANY (I forget which one Philips calls it). You'll need to change that to NTSC and then once you apply the region unlock code, it should play UK DVDs with no problems on your monitor.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes. As jman98 says, you need to use the hack to make it region free (assuming the disc is region coded) and you need to force the output to NTSC.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks for the info. I did a search and all I can come up with is Type 7, 8, 9, OK, 0 ()Zero for region free). But it doesn't tell you where to switch the output to NTSC. Does anybody know where to look and how to do it?
    Quote Quote  
  5. It's been a long time but I think you set the output mode via the regular menus. With no disc in the player go to the setup menu, the video section, look for PAL/NTSC/Auto. Set it to NTSC.

OK, I dug my old DVP-642 out of the closet and hooked it up. In the video setup menu you will see options for "TV Standard". The choices are NTSC, PAL, and Multi. Select NTSC.
    Quote Quote