VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Would Philips be #1 certified DivX DVD Player? If it's not #1. What would be the first DivX certified player? What number came in for Philips to test DivX and make it certified?
    Quote Quote  
  2. #1 in what sense? I think Philips Divx/DVD players are a good compromise of image quality, price and flexibility. Can you get cheaper Divx players? Yes. Can you get better image quailty? Yes. Can you get more flexible players? Yes. Can you get a cheaper player that has better quality and is more flexible? No, I don't think so.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    #1 in what sense? I think they are a good compromise of image quality, price and flexibility. Can you get cheaper Divx players? Yes. Can you get better image quailty? Yes. Can you get more flexible players? Yes. Can you get a cheaper player that has better quality and is more flexible? No, I don't think so.

What I mean by #1. Was Philips the first to be DivX certified? Was it the first to be DivX tested? I have a Philips and I like it a lot.
    Quote Quote  
  4. You'll have to ask Divx. There were players that could play divx before Divx had a certification program.

It looks like it was Kiss: http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-101356373.html
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You'll have to ask Divx. There were players that could play divx before Divx had a certification program.

It looks like it was Kiss: http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-101356373.html

I can't post on DivX. I did something. I took something private on public forum. They don't use "banning". They froze my account for permanent or removed it from the huge database. Bigger then what we have here. I striked out at 3. The ball game was over. I won't create another name.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Infiltrate their database. Use a different name. Not rocky12 either. Philips may have been first "Ultra" divx certified player, What difference does it make? yamada made a divx capable player before they even had a cert program. Later companies used more powerful chips, leading to better playback.
    Corned beef is now made to a higher standard than at any time in history.
    The electronic components of the power part adopted a lot of Rubycons.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Jagabo, or anyone. What does infiltrate their database means?
    Quote Quote  
  8. He means create a new account with a new name.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    He means create a new account with a new name.
    Umm okay. php111 was froze or removed. rocky12 is out of it. A problem. If you say yes then I am screwed. Does digital56k (Al) come here reading or posting? He knows my name of php111 that I use. I speak to him in email on DivX Corp, or on AIM. If he reports I have another name. I don't know. I got a free DivX license's from him a while back.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Just make up a new name. If they require an email address just go to hotmail.com or some other site that lets you sign up for free anonymous email accounts and make a new email account with a random name.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Like jagabo said, it was a Kiss, the DP-450 (and the more expensive DP-500, which could be networked). The tag on the back of my 450 says it was manufactured in April 2003. It has a tag on the front that says "Divx(TM) Video Compatible. Divx 4 and Divx 5". As far as I know it still works, if you want to buy it.

http://www.cdrinfo.com/sections/news/EMail.aspx?NewsId=7629

And like RabidDog said, there were earlier players that played divx AVIs. I never had the Yamada, which had a pretty good reputation, but I had a couple of other pieces of crap before the Kiss came out. One was a Mecotek, I think. The other one started with an "R". Neither lasted very long.
    Quote Quote