VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    There was talk of a quad then later eight layer burners and now a read only that has 16 layers.
    I take it that we will need new players for these multiple layers.
    A 16 layer disc would be just right for packing a whole season of a tv show on without having to change the disc.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Onceler2
    There was talk of a quad then later eight layer burners and now a read only that has 16 layers.
    I take it that we will need new players for these multiple layers.
    A 16 layer disc would be just right for packing a whole season of a tv show on without having to change the disc.
    And? It will come but only as readable version and you will have no way of making an real backup...........

We already have "multiple layer" BD burners, you just forgot...
    *** Now that you have read me, do some other things. ***
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Vaporware.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    never, or when the formats dead just wait for the star wars films to come out on BulRay to know when.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Onceler2 - are you REALLY ready to pay $300+ US PER DISC for such discs? Because that would be what they would cost if they were even available.

Lots of things in this industry are more theoretical than practical. Every now and then we get a post about DVD+/-RW DL discs. Both the + and - RW DL formats were created in labs so it is possible to make them, but the reality is that both formats are so prone to problems in manufacturing that nobody is willing to bring them into production. I would not expect to see any BluRay consumer writable discs beyond 2 layers for quite some time to come.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Lets get single layer BD burning right first before we move on here
    Quote Quote