VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok i gave up. Some help please. I have the Samsung SH-S203N, firmware SB01, i saw that SB02 is out. Want to upgrade but cannot. I have tried the software that came with my Samsung and it says automatic from Internet, part it downloads a .part file and nothing else. Can someone help. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mn072065
    ok i gave up. Some help please. I have the Samsung SH-S203N, firmware SB01, i saw that SB02 is out. Want to upgrade but cannot. I have tried the software that came with my Samsung and it says automatic from Internet, part it downloads a .part file and nothing else. Can someone help. Thanks
    http://club.cdfreaks.com/1803671-post.html
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    it does not work. I get this message "the firmware upgrade process of this company is organized so that the entire upgrade process is completed after the PC is completed after the PC is automatically rebooted". The message is there but it freezes. Cannot get it to work. Thanks for the link.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What firmware do you want? SB02?

If you're using mozilla firefox to download it won't work at times. Use IE or IE TAB from mozilla.

I just downloaded the SB02 from here:

http://www.samsungodd.com/rus/Firmware/FWDownload/FWDownload.asp?FunctionValue=view&no...t_code=&os_no=

here's another link:

http://www.samsungodd.com/eng/Firmware/FWDownload/FWDownload.asp?FunctionValue=view&no..._code=&os_no=#
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You see in Firefox or IE i get this message that appears in front of the prgram and the prgram cannot start.

"The firmware upgrade process of this company is organized so that the entire upgrade process is completed after the PC is automatically rebooted.

Therefore, do not turn off the PC power supply by force while the upgrade is in progress.

If the ODD does not operate normally after the firmware upgrade, normal use will be possible if you proceed with the firmware upgrade process again".

It's annoying.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know why you're having so many problems in upgrading your firmware. Seems like you're doing the one click version to upgrade. Post your question at the SAMSUNG FORUM at Cdfreaks.com if you can't upgrade it.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks will do, i can upgrade which i had already SB01, but isn't there an updated firmware SB02? Perhaps I have the wrong SB02 firmware.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mn072065
    Thanks will do, i can upgrade which i had already SB01, but isn't there an updated firmware SB02? Perhaps I have the wrong SB02 firmware.
    http://www.samsungodd.com/eng/Firmware/FWDownload/FWDownload.asp?FunctionValue=view&no..._code=&os_no=#

The above link is for the SAMSUNG S203N drive, firmware SB02.
    I think you're not upgrading the firmware correctly. SAMSUNG also has there own tool to use to update instead of using the internet connection. Do some researching at the SAMSUNG FORUM. SAMSUNG firmwares can be a pain to download since their site is only optimized by using IE and the USA site is usually not updated frequently.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks i did every kind of research on this. Weird, but every time i use the correct firmware update, i get this message that pops up in front of the firmware program, i cannot do anything but force to close.

"The firmware upgrade process of this company is organized so that the entire upgrade process is completed after the PC is automatically rebooted.

Therefore, do not turn off the PC power supply by force while the upgrade is in progress.

If the ODD does not operate normally after the firmware upgrade, normal use will be possible if you proceed with the firmware upgrade process again".

even waited a good 10 minutes in case it's just searching, but no. I need to close it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    make sure you turn off all software running in the background when you're upgrading the firmware. for example all antivirus, spyware programs should be disabled.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks i tried that also. no luck.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If your SAMSUNG S203N drive is working fine with no problems in burning dvd media like VERBATIM or TAIYO YUDEN. Then there's really no need to upgrade to the latest firmware. Most people think "Oh, new firmware I gotta update it". As the old saying goes, "If it ain't broken, don't fix it". New firmware will allow new media id's and maybe better write strategies for some media id.

I'm not sure why you're having such a difficult time but I was able to download that SB02 firmware. I haven't seen you post your problem at the SAMSUNG FORUM.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have not posted my problems in the SAMSUNG forum because my id has aa problem, which i sent an email to the admin on. It says I dont have enough privileges. And yes, you are correct about no problems, i have none, but i always thought that if there is a new firmware, then it should be changed. I dont know why I have this problem. I can with no problem, (i tried 2x's) the SB01 firmware, no problem.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    http://club.cdfreaks.com/f105/post-new-firmware-tool-announcements-here-188143/index3.html

Take a look at that link above. There's some new flasher that SAMSUNG is using. read post #53, 54, & 55. I haven't flashed my S203B drives since it burns well with the dvd media that I use. Also I used CodeKing's SAMSUNG patch utility on both my S203B's & S183L drive.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    budz thanks but tried that page already. i guess this burner cannot be flashed to SB02. I bought it from New egg. I still get the pop up in front of the exe saying caution and the above message. It's frustrating. No problem flashing SB01, but SB02 cannot in any way.
    Quote Quote