VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi..
    I read somewhere that i can use windows media player to view a live video stream from my minidv camera...
    I am using windows xp sp2 with windows media player 11
    however when i connect my minidv camera and open windows media player i couldn't figure out how to view the live live video...
    basically i want to be able to view what is on the tape or what is being recorded without transferring it to the computer...

i was also hoping to install enosoft enhanced decoder http://www.enosoft.net/products/enodvdec/enodvdec.htm
    or enosoft dv processor http://www.enosoft.net/products/enodvproc/dvproc_overview.htm
    cause they enable me to transfer all the data (such as date, time, aspect reatio... etc) from the minidv tapes.. however they are both not compatible with my stoneagae PentiumIII
    If anyone has any other alternatives please help me out cause i have a bunch of home video's of my baby i really need to transfer to DVD and i can't figure out the best method to do that..

thanks
    Safa
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You can probably use most capture softwares to do that, I know i can do it with mine but that comes packaged with MSP. Try winDV, don't know it will work though because i don't use it.

Other than that Windows media encoder should give you a preview, start the wizard and choose live event, should be a preview.

Having said that if it's capture software you can preview and capture the live video at the same time, the young nieces and nephews get a kick out of it.... I point the camera at the monitor and you get the screens in screen effect.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    "Just another sheep boy, duck call, swan
    song, idiot son of donkey kong - Julian Cope"
    Quote Quote  
  4. All DV capture tools will transfer the time/date/aspect ratio etc.

To just view the video with XP, just open the camcorder in My Computer/Windows Explorer. There's a "folder" that is created when you connect the camcorder. I can't remember if you get the audio, though.

Windows Movie Maker will also preview the video.

As you point out, our software has certain minimum processor requirements but you don't need such software to transfer the time/date info.

Finally, you could use a program called GraphEdit. It takes a little bit to set up but once done, you can preview audio/video very easily with only a couple of mouse clicks.
    John Miller
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks guys... I'll try some of your tips...
    I was wondering though... how can I preview the live video in full screen mode? when I try viewing it from my computer... it is just a small screen... Also if I set my camera to take the video in 16:9 I still see it as 4:3 on my pc... only it is stretched
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by safaje
    Thanks guys... I'll try some of your tips...
    I was wondering though... how can I preview the live video in full screen mode? when I try viewing it from my computer... it is just a small screen... Also if I set my camera to take the video in 16:9 I still see it as 4:3 on my pc... only it is stretched
    CaptureFlux will let you preview in Full Screen, and also in 16:9 aspect. Have a look at the author's web site for full information.
    "Just another sheep boy, duck call, swan
    song, idiot son of donkey kong - Julian Cope"
    Quote Quote