VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. When I use the templates for TMPGEnc dvd author it gives me more buttons then I want. What I mean is that it puts a "last page button" and a "next page button" on my menus. This is redundant for me because those buttons are linked to the same page. I would like to be able to remove one of them. Is this possible?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi colt4523,

You don't say what version of TMPGEnc DVD Author you're using, so what I'm about to tell you may be totally wrong.

I've got an older version: 1.5 as I now primarily use DVDLab Pro. But, in that version, it wasn't possible to delete buttons. The way to do it was to move them right into a corner and make them as small as possible in that corner. Maybe even change the colour to the same as the background.

The "deleted" button will not be displayed on the screen because it'll be in the overscan area.
    There is some corner of a foreign field that is forever England: Telstra Stadium, Sydney, 22/11/2003.

Carpe diem.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the help,
    I have version 1.6. Does the new version of TDA allow button deletion? I know about the moving the button of the screen but doesn't the button still stay active. If i scrolled through the buttons would I still have to navigate passed the button that is off screen and would it show on a HDTV?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you use TDA2 (or 3) there's an option for turning off some menu items (Global menu settings/menu item display). Some of the buttons (like for unwanted chapters, play all button etc.) can be unchecked. Can't remember or check now, is it possible or not to turn off next/previous page buttons - try to look into 'global settings' menu. If not, you can hide text buttons by minimizing text to dots, this however will not allow skipping them from remote when using next button key (but if you move them aside it will be OK, next button navigation will be remapped).
    Update (tested while doing a project): you can actually uncheck 'play all', 'first page' and 'last page' buttons. Buttons 'previous page' and 'back' are different - the latter brings to top menu. I rename default text 'back' to 'main' and 'prev page' to 'back'.
    Quote Quote