VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use dvd decrypter to decrypt the vobs, when I play the vobs in a special playback program (a karaoke program) it won't show the subtitle. I have no problem playing the original disk with subtitle in a regular dvd player( I can just make selection from the sub botton, the karaoke program has no sub button, it just play the vobs straight). I used dvd shrink to change the default sub and burn another disk but it didn't work, because the karaoke program don't need the IF0 file

Anyone knows how to change the vobs so it can play with the sub.?
    thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Your karaoke program is your problem, because you cannot choose subs and that function is required since they are not forced ON.
    You can fix that with DVD Remake or maybe (free) IfoEdit or PGCEdit.
    You can dowload DVD Subedit (free) to check that subs are there.
    http://download.videohelp.com/DVDSubEdit/
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The sub are definitely there, the sub usually resign in a different angle in regular karaoke dvd, but this dvd's sub is resign in a different stream. I have no problem using the dvd decrypter to rip the vob from regular dvd because it will play with sub from the karaoke program if I rip it the right angle. Since the karaoke program has no option to choose subs, how do I rip the vobs from the dvd with the sub playing in the program? You said that I can use Ifoedit to correct this problem, can you explain it a little more detail.

Many thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Use PGCEdit. Load your DVD in and find main title.
    Click on it and right window will open command settings.
    Highlight first PreCommand , than Add Before (Lower Toolbar) NOP will appear.
    Highlight NOP and choose Edit command, than By Type.
    By Type/ Set/ SPRM-click/ Sub-picture.
    You will have to find stream number where your subs are and use slider in Sub-Pic edit window to get that number, than check ON box. Save DVD.
    This way you added command to turn subs on all the time
    You can find stream number using SubEdit.
    Personally I use DVD Remake, so maybe someone has better idea, but try it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for your reply ...So.... after following your direction, I can rip the dvd and play the vobs with sub from the karaoke program even the karaoke program only see the vobs but not IFo ?

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I do not know karaoke program, but what you are doing, adding command so subs will be ON even if you do not choose that option. There is also a window for force "0"stream. This is for 0(zero) stream only, most subs are there, but in your case it can be different.
    You have to rip DVD,change commands and burn new DVD with changed commands, or ply changed file on your computer to see result first.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I should have explained it more detailed. I use dvd decrypter to rip all the chapters of the dvd on the harddrive, then my karaoke program will copy and use those vob files to play the songs. In other words it plays the vob files alone and don't need or see the Ifo. The problem is the karaoke program doesn't have the subtitle on and off option, so I need to modify the vob files so I can play with the sub without the IFO.

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I see what you are after. I do not think that any of those will do it. You need subs burned into the file permanently.
    You may be able to do it manualy, but it will be a long proscess to reauthor DVD.
    Quote Quote