VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    So are the original Transformers and first series of Robotech dvds already out-of-print??

I was at BestBuy the other day and couldn't find them. I just did some online browsing at circuit city and a few other main stores but didn't find any. Looks like amazon might be my only luck for those.

So are the Rhino Transformers prints already pulled from new circulation then??? I'm talking about the G1 1984-5 season 1 set. Also what about the macross saga for Robotech? You know the first one with rick and minmay (spelling?) I know they had them for awhile but looks like they aren't readily out there any more.

Are these two 80's cartoon giants available online only now???

--- Edit - I know you can get anything on ebay but I'd prefer to buy new for these when season sets get pricey I want to make sure about the quality ---
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Rhino lost the license to do Transformers G1 dvd.
    They can still (and are) doing Beast Wars and Beast Machines, but $ony owns G1 now.

As far as Robotech, I have no idea.
    "To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research." - Steven Wright
    "Megalomaniacal, and harder than the rest!"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    darn i guess i will have to resort to amazon or ebay if I want the 1st year original transformers.

Thanks for the info xylob.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Transformers. The Rhino releases from ~2002-2004 are long gone. They were not high-production runs, and were gone quickly. With the license gone, no more copies to be run off.

Robotech. Which one? The Legacy Collections from ~2001-2003 are long gone, long OOP. They are made from broadcast masters. At the time, that was fine, but looking at them now, they are obnoxious to watch sometimes. I really don't like how the frames jump at scene changes. During a fight scene, it's a pest. The newer PROTOCULTURE COLLECTION is available online at Best Buy and Amazon.com for about $75, a steal, and worth every penny. I don't know that the non-Legacy collections have all the bonus discs (7 total, one from each Legacy box). The Protoculture edition was created from the original films, as restored for the Macross Japanese (and R1) releases. The original Robotech audio was added in, so you have some "restored scenes" in Robotech now (like a topless Minmei, Roy checking out Minmei's ass), and then the intros are new. I can't say that I care to see animated nipples or new intros, but the episodes are higher quality to watch.

BE VERY CAREFUL ABOUT EBAY FAKES AND HONG KONG CRAP.
    They are nowhere near as good as the R1 releases were.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    so lordsmurf is the protoculture collection include macross?? Thats the "first one" isn't it???

I'll have to decide which I want transformers or robotech - probably transformers. I'd probably hunt on amazon instead of ebay then. I know its hit or miss on ebay.

thanks for the info everyone.
    Quote Quote