VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    how can i possibly using a computer , record or play audio from a radio broadcast that i can listen to while i watch video on tv (live sports). i am able to listen with win tv radio. can i delay (realtime) the audio to sync with the video on my tv?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Recording is easy. Not sure how you would delay live playback though. If this is for recording and watching later then you can re-sync easily after the fact : https://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=316884

Do this before you attempt any editing, if you plan to do so.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    no i want to do this live. i know of a gadget on a website that costs $150 that will do that. looks like there would be a way to do it with software or hard ware on a computer for a lot less
    Quote Quote  
  4. If the "win tv radio" is being streamed, you could try to increase the size of the buffer used to prevent momentary breaks in the stream. The bigger the buffer, the longer the delay you will introduce.
    John Miller
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Wouldn't it just be easier to turn up the sound on the TV?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    the radio broadcast is connected to a win tv usb hauppauge unit so it is not streaming.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you can use RealPlayer for the radio broadcast, then I believe that has an option to pause the audio (in real time). Not sure whether it would work here though.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had been looking for some software to do the same thing. After much searching, I just downloaded (for $10) a program that will perform a live delay on any audio input sent into your sound card, I was able to get it to delay up to 20 seconds. It works great. Here's the link:

http://www.matthewssoftware.com/AudioSyncer/

Hope this helps.
    Quote Quote