VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello!!!

I have a Pioneer DVR-531H-s standalone DVD Recorder. I just subscribed to Dish Network.

So far, I've been able to program my Dish Network remote to control my RCA TV and my Mitsubishi VCR.

But I can't get it to recognize my Pioneer recorder. I input all the codes in the manual for Pioneer DVD Players (there's no seperate code section for DVD Recorders in the Dish Network manual). Also, I tried the scan option, but the remote didn't find a code to operate my Pioneer either.

Does anyone know if it's possible to control a Pioneer 531H-s with a Dish Network remote?

Thanks!!!!
    Chris
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have the same issue with my Pioneer recorder and the Comcast/Motorola DVR remote. So I bought a Logitec Harmony Remote and it's wonderful.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Frobozz, exactly which Logitec Harmony remote did you purchase (model number I mean), and where at? I've look at some online, and they can range widely in prices. Some of them even up to $300 or more.

Thanks!
    Chris

P.S.
    Fumble, feeble, freeze, etc. The same Wizard of Frobozz that used to haunt the hell out of me when playing Zork (2 or 3?) about 20 years ago???
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You win two Zorkmids. I have nothing to do with the wizard other than being hooked on those games back in 956 G.U.E. Oh, Fudge.

Mine is the Harmony 676. It is controlling a Sony HDTV, Pioneer DVD recorder, Pioneer Laserdisc player, Sony digital audio processor, Philips receiver, Mitsubishi S-VHS, LaCie Silverscreen, Comcast/Motorola 6412. It's amazing. Their technical support is terrific, too, as they had their engineers help me get through some tough issues with a Kenwood receiver I used to have.

Here's a forum where people are always asking which Harmony remote to buy:
    http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=30&f=93
    Quote Quote  
  5. I operate everything I own, that's a lot of stuff, with a One For All 8910. $20 new, $9 refurb from Amazon. It'll have to be upgraded over the phone to operate a DVD recorder and if you want all the functions of the original remote, you'll have to get them to e-mail advanced functions, but after that it'll do everything.
    Quote Quote