VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I bought this last year at black Friday which means the Warrenty expired just a few days ago... Today I go to record somthing (Only the 4th time have used the thing) and it is having a really hard time recognizing the disc I had been using to record on before... Its still had a lot of free space to it... Finaly it recognized it and I played like two things and then tried to move on to the next page and it goes and freezes everytime like it cant read the disc. I then try and put a new DVD +R in it and its formats 50% and fails... 3 dvds of 2 different brands did the same thing. Sounds to me like it is toast, but wanted to double check... It really sucks because I have only used the thing 3 times! See if I buy Cyberhome again!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I think the company it self is Toasted
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Bearbegr
    I bought this last year at black Friday which means the Warrenty expired just a few days ago... Today I go to record somthing (Only the 4th time have used the thing) and it is having a really hard time recognizing the disc I had been using to record on before... Its still had a lot of free space to it... Finaly it recognized it and I played like two things and then tried to move on to the next page and it goes and freezes everytime like it cant read the disc. I then try and put a new DVD +R in it and its formats 50% and fails... 3 dvds of 2 different brands did the same thing. Sounds to me like it is toast, but wanted to double check... It really sucks because I have only used the thing 3 times! See if I buy Cyberhome again!
    Did you have it plugged into apower source for the past year? There are reports that the power supply of the Cyberhome will degrade even if it has not been used but as been plugged into a power source.
    Quote Quote  
  4. So the company has gone out? I really have not been around these boards in forever. It really sux... I guess I know what to get myself for Christmas! This time I am checking out the reviews of recorders!... I dont think it would be the power itself, because it seems to be the laser or somthing... All DVDs stop at the 50% formatting and fail and it can not even read what it burned and my other DVD player cant read the burned one eather becasue its not closed! Annoying! I had a lot of good clips on their too...
    Quote Quote  
  5. If you bought it at Walmart or Costco they might take it back even though it is a few days out of warranty. It's worth a shot.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Most reputable companies would provide courtesy service if you're out of warranty for just few days (even weeks). It is accepted that if something dies at the time of warranty expiry it was likely to fail before that (plain logic) so you should not be cut off just like that. If they deny service request to speak with the mgmt. No person in his right mind would tell you to go to hell.
    What you experience is the laser pickup failure which is still quite common (you wouldn't guess) also among the best of the breed (Toshiba's, Panasonic, Pioneer etc.).
    Quote Quote