VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am new to the video on Ipod thing. Was wondering if there is anyway to convert a dvd to ipod keeping the chapters? Every dvd I have converted doesn't have chapters. Just one long file. I can fast forward through the file but if I hit next like you would on a dvd it just takes me back to the ipod menu. Is this possible at all?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I dont thnk its possible to create any chapters, you need to split the file in to more peices rather than just one long file.
    Live lightly, think deeply.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    Nero Recode will do DVD to iPod and keep the chapters intact, however the current iPods don't navigate chapters so at this time it doesn't really help, however I'm sure future iPods will have chapter seeking capabilities so it is probably a good idea to encode your video with chapters where possible.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Has anyone tried this again with the new Video Ipod?

The movies that you can now download have chapters. Would be great for TV shows from DVD. You could keep a season as one file and then chapter per episode.

Now that I'm getting an IPOD video, I need to go back and look at this app in Nero.
    For the love of God, use hub/core labels on your Recordable Discs!
    Quote Quote  
  5. excellent! i'm glad there's a pc app that can do this. from working with other quicktime files and projects, i knew chapters were possible.

personally, i'm ok with not having ipods that can use them now. i'd rather rip them with chapters now, and get the ipod that has that capability in the future - as long as it takes - no desire to re-rip here.

my question: is there a mac app that can do this?

personally, i'd love to have three (currently unusable) features on my ipod rips: subtitles toggle, audio track toggle (commentaries), and chapters.
    Quote Quote