VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi I have a ton of anime shows all in .OGM format. I need to put them on DVD-R 16x 4.7gb. I want/need to put at least 6 episodes on each, 8 is what I would like to have on each. So I am asking from start to finish how can I convert .OGM to whatever to put on DVDs with good quality and with at least 6 episodes per DVD.
    If need more information please contact me. AOL - TheMorningVi3w

Thanks, Tim
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    How long are the episodes ?

The more you put on, the faster the quality degrades. You can put up the three hours on a disc at full D1, but it will be noticably softer than putting only 2 hours on.

I have used OGM to AVI successfully to convert the .OGM files, then standard FitCD/Avisynth/Encode methods to get DVD compliant mpegs. I suggest you follow a similar path as these anime are probably fan-subbed, and the subs will be poorly positioned and will be lost in the overscan area if you just use a crappy convertor like WinAVI.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    They are in the 25min range. And they are all in english, no subtitles, they all have English Language.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I would keep it 4 to a disk myself, but if you want to push the quality down you can fit more.

As they are all in English, and hence no subtitle problems, I would convert the .ogm and .mkv files to .avi (all to avi or ogm to avi), then use ConvertXtoDVD to encode them to DVD compliance.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah I can put 4 to a disc but that would take alot of DVDs. Also I tried creating a DVD with 4 and it took 2.5hrs and then failed on me. Im not looking for the Best Quality. Just "Good" quality, if you know what I mean.

Thank You
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Putting more on a disc will only take longer, as conversion (encoding) takes time. ConvertXtoDVD (or the free version, DivxtoDVD) is about a fast as you will get.

I also would not use Nerovision as there is a good chance it will try to re-encode your material again, slowuing things down and reducing quality further.

By far the best solution is to buy a cheap and cheerful Divx certified DVD player. You could then put 20 episodes to a disc by burning the original avi files as data and playing them direct.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote