VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Being stuck in VCD land for general purpose video I went back to PVCD2tk to work on some authoring using this software.

Consider me nuts but I find this software very attractive.

There was one guide that was in doc format from icdia.org (what b.t.w happened to this site).

This guide was talking about several different formats such as inserting ppt slideshow (if I remember correctly it had to be strictly office 97 format) etc.

Is this guide still available?

On the other hand, I did spend some time reading through Philips help guide and one thing that I don't understand is when it comes to menu's and selections.

If you look in guide there is one picture that has

1 something (regarding traveling)
    2 something
    3 something

that you can select to play.

My question is - do these items have to be predrawn as a background image and then you would use mouse to determine x and y points,
    or you can manually enter these later (it wouldn't allow me to enter any text nor even pick text).

When it comes to sequences as much as I understand, they are almost the same as events but these can be used to have VCD go in particular order?? (am I correct?)

For example (in theory) if you want to have a vcd that is R-rated and then create a menu that has 1 - General Audience porton 2 - R-rated portion, and then have

Event 1 - G
    Event 2 - G
    Event 3 - R
    Event 4 - G
    Event 5 - G

Then you would create a sequence (that would start by pressing 1 on remote) that would play

Event 1
    Event 2
    Event 4
    Event 5

Is that how sequence would be used???

Thanks ahead.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The still image must be predrawn. The boxes you draw are logical regions that will accept clicks when played via PC, or will light up on a CDI player.

A segment is a single item. Eg. video clip, still menu, audio only file.

A sequence is one or more segments that play "in sequence".

"Play All" sequence could be "play FBI trailer, followed by play upcoming trailer 1, trailer 2, followed by main movie".

You could use sequences to play segments in a particular order, and have more than one order, but only one instance of the segment.
    /\/\ars /\/\ayhem
    Quote Quote