VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Well? Lets hear it. Most of the threads are about DVDr media. I need to get a couple of DVDRW dics for some storage. Any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I use FUJI & MAXELL DVD+RW/DVD-RW which uses RICOH & SONY DVD-RW. I haven't had any problems with using them in my any of my dvd burners as well as my PIONEER TV DVD RECORDER. The PIONEER 220-S uses only DVD-RW.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    FUJI, MAXELL, TDK, SONY .... all easy to find.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    SONY, Its the Best....
    Quote Quote  
  5. so basically they are all manufacturer branded, unlike DVD-Rs right? Also what would be a cheap place to buy them? By the way I am going to give some of them to a person who has a Toshiba and a Mintek DVD pplayer, Any ideas whther +rw or -rw will be mroe compatible. Both players dont have any trouble reading my DVD-Rs. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  6. actually having some trouble locating sony DVD-RW online and also the TDK. Should i just go to BB to pick this up? If so how much shoul dI be paying per disc? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  7. is there a difference with it being either a DVD-R or a DVD+R?? And also speed, which is better, coz ive seen 1x 4x 8x.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lordsmurf
    Not so fast with that Maxell. I bought a spindle of 15 +RW and had bad luck with 4 of the 5 I tried. After testing them to see what I really got I found out they were CMC / Phillips. The company says they are guarenteed so I can take them back to the store or send them back. I am leaning towards sending them back and asking for anything but a CMC batch.
    These were bought at Office Depot for $9.97 on what I thought was a great sale.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by cahusker
    Originally Posted by lordsmurf
    Not so fast with that Maxell. I bought a spindle of 15 +RW and had bad luck with 4 of the 5 I tried. After testing them to see what I really got I found out they were CMC / Phillips. The company says they are guarenteed so I can take them back to the store or send them back. I am leaning towards sending them back and asking for anything but a CMC batch.
    These were bought at Office Depot for $9.97 on what I thought was a great sale.
    Which is why I use DVDINFO PRO or DVD IDENTIFIER to find out the exact manufacturer of the discs. Your spindle probably said MADE IN TAIWAN which could be either CMC or RICOH. If I find CMC I return the spindle because they don't work well with the drives that I have.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Thanks guys. I just picked up some Sony DVD-RW from staples for $10. Hopefully they're good. Haven't tried them yet. By the way are you supposed to format these things before you burn or can you just use DVD decrypter to burn to the disc?
    Quote Quote  
  11. [url=http]text[/url] Denvers Dawgs's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Fuji & Verbatim +RW used here, work great in all my players
    What We Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity....
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!