VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Was wondering what brand of Media works best with Pioneer writers. I just got the DVR-A09XL, but I allready found that 8x TDK-R's end up having blocky digital errors at times in playback and at some points even the whole screen turns to small green digital blockyness. I am wondering what brand works best with a Pioneer writer???
    Quote Quote  
  2. I have A04 burner and have had no problem with Khypermedia, Maxell, verbatim. Ive never used TDK . Yet
    Life is like a pothole, you just have to learn to get around it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have pioneer d-106 (memorex dual x)....no problems buring anything at all...

However, if you notice concentric patterns on the bottom of your disk...the drive is starting to flake. just drop the speed by 50% and it will burn perfect all the time.

I used CMC AE01, MCC, Ricoh, Ritek, Prodisc....
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by wipeout
    I have pioneer d-106 (memorex dual x)....no problems buring anything at all...

However, if you notice concentric patterns on the bottom of your disk...the drive is starting to flake. just drop the speed by 50% and it will burn perfect all the time.

I used CMC AE01, MCC, Ricoh, Ritek, Prodisc....
    What exactly do you mean by "starting to flake" (I just bought this drive) and by concentric patterns do you mean circles within circles on the written data side of disc, cause I do see that, which I am not seeing on burns from my buddy's Plextor. How bad is that?? Should it not be happening to a new burner, or just a good one?? My burner can handle 16X media and I am just using 8x burned at 8x, but I am seeing the concentric patterns. Sorry, I'm new to all this.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Updating firmware to the actual 1.40 may help.
    See also:
    https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1300282#1300282
    Is your TDK media white inkjet printable?
    Which is you DVD player?
    Which is your burning SW?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by joeg04
    Updating firmware to the actual 1.40 may help.
    See also:
    https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1300282#1300282
    Is your TDK media white inkjet printable?
    Which is you DVD player?
    Which is your burning SW?
    Burner has allready been updated to 1.40.

No, not white inkjet printable.

Ps2, but I have seen the same problems (minus the green digital blockyness all over the screen) when playing it on computer.

I have used copy2DVD and nero.

I appreciate the help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I've used a 105, 106 & 107 with both Nero and DVDDecrypter and with PRINCO and RITEKGO4 & RITEKGO5 media with little to no problems.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I have the Pioneer 105 and I've used Maxell (Made in japan) Media at 4x.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use Prodisc. Hundreds of burns and no problems or coasters.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Got a dvr109, everything worked well so far, good scans, except for optodisk and Plasmon, not good scans but plays fine and no coasters with fw1.40. The very best i would say is Verbatim printable 16x +R. Verbatim in general works very well for me, but Verbatim 8x -R is not as good as 8x +R in my burner, so am looking forward to try the Verbatim 16x -R printables.
    For the software, RecordNow gives best results.
    Quote Quote