VideoHelp Forum

Poll: What is SAFEST LOWEST speed you now use

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Ok blowing a gasket here sorry. The freaking question is to get an average, an idea, a general feeling....Man sometimes even easy things/questions turn out to be to difficult for some.....I'm glad i'm not buying a car with some of you...

I burn everything at 8x on a Pioneer 108
    Quote Quote  
  2. [url=http]text[/url] Denvers Dawgs's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I use copytodvd, and just have it selected to burn at fastest speed the dvd will allow. 8x fuji burns 12x (no problems), 4x verbatim burn 8x (no problems) done on Benq1620-G7P9
    What We Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    None. I always verify my personal discs and master discs. Only use MXL and MCC, but still verify anyway. It's fine 99%+ of the time.

Only dupes (because they are EASILY replaced) get spot checks. For that, TDK, MCC, MXL, TY, etc... all good. Tend to (usually) get less errors on MCC. I did have a bad spindle here recently that pissed me off, but oh well, just scanned them all, took 2 days.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  4. you guys that verify everything ... can you share what program you use... and time it takes to verify each disk?
    I passed on verifying because it took me too long ... but maybe there is a fast 30sec/1min method. In which case , I wouldn't mind verifying.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Burning speed that you TRUST without checking disk
    I do not trust ANY burning speed without first checking that particular media against my specific drive. I then burn at the highest speed that provides good results with that particular media.

-drj
    They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    Quote Quote  
  6. I have bumped some time ago with discs that even tough they said TYG02 8X, when I wrote them at 4X *because the write strategy was set at 4X*, they still showed errors. (They resulted to be fakes )
    What I do now is that I just buy good media from reliable stores, I buy a small pack of a determined kind of DVD (in example right now I'm with TYG01 4X Silver top) and I burn like 20 of them and analyze them in any way I can (speed reading tests, surface scan tests).
    If the results are good for them -no errors, no bad sectors, no unexpected slow/stops while reading-, then I purchase a large quantity of the very same discs, knowing that I can write them at the determined speed without worries. So far this method has worked for me.
    Once in a while I pick randomly one of the burns and run a single test on it, just to be sure. Have not found anything since then.
    1f U c4n r34d 7h1s, U r34lly n33d 2 g3t l41d!!!
    Quote Quote