VideoHelp Forum




+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. I recently downloaded the trial version of MediaStudio Pro 6.5 and tried to edit an Mpeg2 file that I had captured using the AIW TV tuner and software. I tried to capture using MediaStudio, but the file was blank. I went through the settings and everything looks correct. Now I have an Mpeg2 and an AVI copy of the Mpeg2 file that I made. When I try to open these files with MSP, I get an error saying can't open file. If I insert video, I get an error when I try to play it. I have looked on Uleads website, this website, and in MSP's help and can't find any answers. All I want to do right now is do all the editing and authoring on this file to try MSP out. It's not worth a darn if I can't even open a file to edit. Any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member glockjs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    the freakin desert
    Search Comp PM
    i dont think it has anything to do with the AIW. and mpg is a mpg file no matter where it comes from as long as it's compliant, which aiw cap's are. you might wanna look at a different program to edit....all depends on what you are looking to do.
    PhenII 955@3.74 - GA-790XTA-UD4 AM3 - 2x4 Corsair Vengeance@1600 - Radeon 5770 - Corsair 550VX - OCZ Agility 3 90GB WD BLACK 1TB - LiteOn 24x - Win 8 Preview - Logi G110+G500
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Not the end of the world!
    Search Comp PM
    You can get a trial of Mpeg-vcr and use it to edit the Mpeg2 file.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Video Restorer lordsmurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    dFAQ.us/lordsmurf
    Search Comp PM
    Premiere to edit AVI
    Womble to edit MPEG (splice, transitions mostly)

    MPEG should not be edited, aside from splice/transitions
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank Discs • Best TBCs • Best VCRs for capture • Restore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  5. Virtual Dub experimental 1.6.4 to edit avi.

    VideoRedo for mpeg editing.
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads

Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!