VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've just bought a Phillips DVD recorder, but unlike my last one, which produced a long, single VOB file, this DVD recorder produces hundreds of them! (seems like a seperate VOB file for each 15 seconds or so, and each takes up 11.2 mb). When I open in Videoredo (Which I like to use), I can only open each seperate VOB file, which is of course no use to me. Any ideas on what software I might use?

P.S I tried using Ulead DVD studio, but was told that the sound files were in an incompatible format (AC3), and could not be edited. Aslo, I just found that DVDSHRINK works with these disks, where as with my last DVD recorder it would just crash with 'unknown format error'. However, I do prefer banging out edits in MPEG2 form rather than VOB, as I find them easier to manage.

PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Though I've never done this......
    I would suggest getting latest version of TMPGENC AUTHOR.
    I believe it has AC3 support.
    Dump all the files in, it will re-author them into a
    few continuous VOB's, instead of hundreds.

Note.
    I have not used the latest TMPGAUTH because it requires
    connecting my work computer to the net.
    (It's a licensing thing). But I can't allow my work
    computer internet access. Just thought I'd mention it.

good luck
    Quote Quote  
  3. I too would use TmpGenc DVD Author with the ac3 plugin, makes quick work of authoring after decrypting from the dvd+vr, is it possile there are so many vob files because you have the recorder set to mark chapters? If so, TmpGenc DVD Author can set chapters while you are in the process of authoring and it will burn your new dvd.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I copy to disk using Dvd Decrypter and set the option to output one vob.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by MarmotMom
    is it possile there are so many vob files because you have the recorder set to mark chapters?
    It does sound that way IMO, and it's creating a new VOB on scene change or something.

The "DVDDecrypter 1 VOB" sounds pretty good, then feed into TDA. Either that or go the manual route to join them into any number of VOBs you want. I can't think of any reason off the top of my head to do it this manual way, but you might, so just throwing it out there as an option
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote