VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'll be recording tv from digital satellite. I'll edit out the commercials and reauthor the files. I'd like some feedback about whether my thoughts on how to handle this make sense.

The average show is about 45 minutes without commercials(in the US). It seems like a waste to only put 90 minutes on the final DVD. So I'm thinking of putting 3 shows, which is 135 minutes. I want the results to look really good, but it doesn't have to be perfect. That means I would set the recording mode to 140 minutes.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The 140-minute setting on my Pioneer 510 looks very good. You'll be happy with three episodes on a DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It also depends on your recorder and the source. I can almost always set my JVC MR-10s 10 minutes short of what the actual source is and get it all in with the VBR recording. If I was doing 135 minutes I would set to 125. I don't know what machine you are using, but I would say 3 episodes would look pretty good, again depending on the source and level of action. I used to capture Star Trek Enterprise to my computer and encode for 3 episode per disc and it looked pretty good overall.
    Quote Quote