VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I just bought Taiyo Yuden DVD-R 4.7GB, 8X, but when i try to burn using dvd Nec1300 4x, how come it doesnt support 8x disc. it just stay at 1% forever. What should I do?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    NEC 1300A is a 4X max burner. Although you should be able to burn an 8X disk at 4X, it is possible the firmware doesn't contain a write strategy for that media.
    Quote Quote  
  3. how can i update my firmware , my dvd drive iis nec1300
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What is your current firmware level? Latest AFAIK is 1.0b I can get you a link for the current rev, but that does not ensure a fix. As more 8x and higher media become available, certain write strategies have to be dropped to make room for the new ones.

I suggest using DVDInfo Pro to a)find your current firmware level of your drive, and b)see the listed write strategies for your media.
    Quote Quote  
  5. My current firmwire is v1.06 isn't that the newest ? Can you tell me where to get the upgrade if it isn't ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I just bought a brand new computer but my old computer had a NEC-ND 1300A and I had no problem burning 8x DVD-R discs at 4x and that includes the MADE IN JAPAN 8x Fuji DVD-R discs which are Taiyo Yuden brand.

You need to update your firmware. I think the newest is 1.0B ... that is what I had.

Here is a link:

http://www.de.nec.de/softwareoverview2.php/id/557

Good Luck!

- John "FulciLives" Coleman

P.S.
    Don't use the DOS one ... you want the one on the left side not the right side.
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just bought the TY 8X Fujifilms at Riteaid this past week. It detected as 2X media, but they detected as up to 4X on my NEC ND-1300A burner once I flashed from 1.06 to 1.09. The discs burnt fine, great quality.

I think the newest FW is 1.0C btw, I'm gunna stick with 1.09 for now though, if it ain't broke..you know the rest
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DeleriumMDK
    ... if it ain't broke..you know the rest
    "f*ck with it until it is"?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Only if you can afford to replace it :P
    Quote Quote  
  10. The newest FW is 1.0C. See here:

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?category=4&manufactor=23

I've patched it and a RPC1 +riplock removed version is here:

http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?p=145912#145912

As you will have more and more trouble to find 4x discs you should use the newest FW, especially with 8x disc.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Did you use the RPC-1 and Unlocked rip speed version? I use AnyDVD on my drive and the rips I get average at about 8-10 or so..would I be just as well off going with the official 1.0C firmware with my setup? Sorry to hijack but I don't want to start a new topic when it kind of applies to this.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Yes,

AnyDVD bypasses the default DVD video mode type reading the discs. The rip speed will be the same with the official FW. Your benefit would only be RPC1 and if you only use discs from the same region all the time this is not a concern. However, on the other side you get only benefits and no drawbacks using the patched version.
    Quote Quote