VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You're right about the facts versus speculation part. We rarely are privy to all the facts of the case, so there might have been some clear evidence ...but, on what was made public it seems obscene.

There was a local follow-up on the case and at the time it was reported that the final settlement was in the range of $440,000.
    Quote Quote  
  2. In the realm of settlements for personal injury cases, $440k is not all that much...
    Quote Quote  
  3. She was found contributory negligent, which means the judge found she partly contributed to the damage.

That was why her damages were reduced.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by JohnnyCNote
    In the realm of settlements for personal injury cases, $440k is not all that much...
    It's more than I got when I sued a woman who left-turned into me while I was riding my motorcycle ...and it damn-near cost me my left leg
    Quote Quote  
  5. And I'm sure you got a lot more than the $1000 I got for a whiplash in 1980 that left me with 3 herniated disks and bothers me more now than it did then.....
    Quote Quote  
  6. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by JohnnyCNote
    And I'm sure you got a lot more than the $1000 I got for a whiplash in 1980 that left me with 3 herniated disks and bothers me more now than it did then.....
    That's criminal
    Quote Quote