VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

Check it out:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/food/3928894/detail.html

They must not have made it to Michigan yet.. never heard of it...

So anyone have it??? Is it that good to have that name????

Kevin
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I haven't had that brand before, but I've had the baddest-assed coffee I've ever tasted this past winter ...in Egypt. They call it "Egyptian Cognac" or "Turkish Coffee" there ....it'll put hair in places you didn't know could grow it
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yup - decent stuff. Little stronger than 2nd Cup, not as rough as Starbucks. They're going for more of an "average joe" approach over the "yuppie" that the others use.

A friend of my family owns a Bad Ass franchise in Vancouver, BC...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Capmaster
    I haven't had that brand before, but I've had the baddest-assed coffee I've ever tasted this past winter ...in Egypt. They call it "Egyptian Cognac" or "Turkish Coffee" there ....it'll put hair in places you didn't know could grow it
    I worked a short bit in Ankara and remember the coffee - spoon stood straight up...
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Egyptian BlackJack?
    Black coffee and Yukon Jack...
    A MUST HAVE when going ice fishing...but there's probably not much call for it where you are Cap..
    Quote Quote  
  6. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SquirrelDip
    I worked a short bit in Ankara and remember the coffee - spoon stood straight up...
    That's it It has some really interesting spice in it too. The only coffee that should be served with a knife and fork

Originally Posted by Hech54
    A MUST HAVE when going ice fishing...but there's probably not much call for it where you are Cap..
    There's sand fishing ....
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I'm working my way through a brick of "Jacob" that my daughter brought me from Germany a while back. Finely ground, thought that was good, less to get a pot full. Wish it was whole beans, only get like three pots then.

It is BAD shit. If I weren't so cheap, I'd shitcan it and go back to Folgers or even the house brand.

Cheers,

George
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There's a couple where I live. I don't particularly care for their coffee. I home roast, so I'm probably more critical than most people.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ^^^^^^^Yuh know they used to have badass stands on the side of the road on the way to Haleiwa. I guess they were there to attract the tourist who were heading out to Sunset beach to surf.

I never had badass coffee...something bout da badass that doesn't sound too tasty! I only drink Royal Kona Vanilla Mac Nut coffee!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I like Luzianne, store bought in a can but it's awesome

Originally Posted by Hech54
    There's sand fishing ....
    That reminds me of a funny story when I was out west. We were at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. Set up our tent at a campsite that had a little pond near it. Did the canyon and came back, there was a Lake Jacob marked on the map and many signs fo it. So off in search of Lake Jacob..... Kept driving around in circles finding signs pointing back from where we came for the lake..... Here the pond was the lake Without exaggerating I can say I have seen bigger puddles than this lake. Apparently it's the largest body of water for hundreds of miles.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Coalman,
    I hear that.

I grew up around water ...in Chicago we had L. Michigan. As kids we spent 6 weeks every summer at the family lake in N. Minnesota. And the occasional trip to another lake or into Ontario, CA for some serious fishing

Then we moved here ...to the high desert. The closest body of water is Cochiti Reservior ...it's more of a pond than what you'd call a lake.

The nearest body of water of a size large enough to enjoy water skiing, jet skiing, fishing, etc. is Elephant Butte - about 200 miles away.
    But ...drive around town and you see boats all over alongside people's driveways The guy 4 houses down from us has a beautiful inboard 20-footer on a trailer ....it almost never leaves his yard. More money than sense, I suppose :P
    Quote Quote