VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had posted a note earlier titles "No more Dropped frames" and it seems that 85 people have looked at it and not one person has made a reply. Seems strange since about 50% of the posts to this web site are people complaining about dropped frames.

I was one of those people a week ago,.. until I fixed the problem. Now I've just captured a 4GB file in AVI format for convert to VCD, and one direct capture and compression in MPEG-1 VCD format to 4GB file size,.. no dropped frames in either file, no jerky data, no loss data,... just good video. One file was with Vdub and one was with MMC 7.5.

One came off of a TV cable broadcast, the other came off my 8 mm camcorder pass through the VCR and delivered to the ATI AIW Radeon card via composite input. The really good news is that the lip sync was perfect. That is the test of good data. The quality of the video is always a function of how good the input is,.. it somehow never gets and better,... and the more you touch it the worst it gets.

Hope you have the time to look for my last post on this subject,.. "No more Dropped Frames"

"Technology",...It's what keeps us all moving forward.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think it may be because you've specificed your results for only one card/setup. There must be hundreds if not thousands of combinations of hardware/software people are using to capture, so while your post might be helpful to someone, it may not work for all.

In fact, there's more at play on most people's systems than just software running. There's also the sound card timing, swap files on hard drives, hard drive speed, capture codecs used, programs used for capturing, VIA chipset and if so what kind, CPU speed, etc etc...

Don't feel bad that nobody replied, I'm sure you helped at least one person... and that makes it worth it! (How sappy was that)?!?!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Some people might not be using the same video recorder to capture thier footage than the one they used to record the footage. As a result you will get a lot of dropped frames etc They always say use the same vcr that you recorded the footage to play it back.
    Quote Quote