VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Anyone have any suggestions on good avisynth filters to use for brightening darker scenes?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    ColorYUV, Tweak, YLevels, AutoLevels, HDRAGC.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 25th Mar 2014 at 06:27.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by sanlyn View Post
    ColorYUV, Tweak, YLevels, AutoLevels, HDRAGC.
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to experiment with these.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Then use Histogram() or VideoScope() to check the results.
    Quote Quote  
  5. In case you're not aware..... I posted some basic instructions the other day for using trim to apply filters to specific sections of video.
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/351668-Ffdshow-Post-Processing-luminance-fix-in-my-...=1#post2215902

Actually if anyone has a better idea on how to go about it when it comes to dividing the video into multiple sections I'd be keen to learn. Mostly I just use trim to apply filtering to a section of the video here and there so it's not hard, but a couple of times I've gotten carried away and finished up with dozens of trims, all using different filter settings, and it did my head in trying to navigate back and forth through the video while keeping track of which trim applied at any time..... Is there an easier way?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Use Trim() to make an AVI of each section you want to process, then join the AVI's later. Thus, if you want to change any specific chunk, just re-run the chunk and join again without reprocessing everything in sight.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 25th Mar 2014 at 06:27.
    Quote Quote  
  7. You could use ReplaceFramesSimple() instead of Trim(). For Example:

Code:
    ReplaceFramesSimple(last, last.ColorYUV(cont_y=100).FlipHorizontal(), Mappings="[4 6]" )
    will filter only frames 4, 5, and 6. You can add more bracketed ranges to the mappings to replace with the same filter. You can use multiple calls to apply different filters to different sections. I left in the named video arguments (last) but you can further simplify the call to:

Code:
    ReplaceFramesSimple(ColorYUV(cont_y=100).FlipHorizontal(), Mappings="[4 5] [8 9]")
    to apply the filters to only those frames of the current (last) video.

The function is included in the RemapFrames package:
    http://avisynth.org/stickboy/
    Last edited by jagabo; 28th Jan 2013 at 07:50.
    Quote Quote