VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok i have an Alienware Aurora ALX system and i have hooked on it 3 Nexstar DVD External Enclosyre burners. He is my problem and I wanted opinions why this happens? 2 of my dvd burners with the Nexstar enclosures are IDE Pioneer DVDR-115D, the other IDE is Samsung SH-203N, BUT, my 3rd enclosre is SATA Asus 24Bstt. Everytime i put on the SATA enclosure, bingo system hangs, i cannot record anything, but if i have it alone and the other two enclosures are off, no problem. I already tried movie each usb cable to different usb ports, the same. All are running thru usb wire. Why is that, not enough power on the Alienware, it has an 850W power supply. Any help appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are those not externally powered?
    That would be a mistake.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes they all have external power outlet. Thanks for the quick response, but since i value your opinion, what would you think is the problem.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    try turning on the power to the sata unit and letting it startup, before plugging in the usb cable
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    try turning on the power to the sata unit and letting it startup, before plugging in the usb cable
    I tried that and it did not work, i also tested the dvd burner, i took out and installed in another sata same brand enclosure, the same, any other ideas please.
    Quote Quote