VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Okay, I'm a Newbee who has managed (with help) to download a video from youtube to my desktop. Now I want to burn it to a DVD so I can send it to my Mom. I need to be lead step by step thru the process. I would be eternally greatful to the person who helps me out with this.

Russ
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    How long is the video and how many megabytes is the video?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Use DVDFlick.
    Personally one 10 minute flick would be a waste of a DVD, why not email her the video?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Why not give your mother the youtube address? Unless she's not computer literate?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well, have you heard about AviSynth? You can make everything you want (almost everything) with your videos using that editor. Your YouTube video may run at 29.something FPS (frames per second). Since you are in the US, you must be NTSC (for a regular DVD and TV System). BTW, I assume your video is not copyrighted and also you have downloaded the MP4 file (better quality). Well, all you have to do is... to study AviSynth. After that you can write a script, more or less like this one:

DirectShowSource("C:\my_folder\my_youtube.mp4")
    Deblock()
    dfttest()
    asharp(2.5,4.5,0.25,hqbf=true)
    gradfun2db()
    DeHalo_Alpha()
    Lanczos4Resize(720,480)

Deblock, dfttest asharp, grandfun2db and DeHalo_ALpha are all AviSynth plug-ins that make your video looks brand new (bad videos will look a bit better than a VHS). Lancczos4Resize is going to resize (duhh) the image to the regular NTSC size.
    Since some people hate the filter DirectShow, you can use another way to do this: use DGAVCIndex to index the file. If you choose this way, first of all you have to demux the MP4 file using YAMB. After that you can open the file using DGAVCIndex, saving your project as (for instance) name.dga (pay attention to the given information such as the correct frame rate sicne NTSC runs at 29.97 or 23.976 that in this case your DVD player will show as 29.97 anyway). Then you can write the following script:

avcsource("C:/my_folder/my_project.dga")
    Deblock()
    dfttest()
    asharp(2.5,4.5,0.25,hqbf=true)
    gradfun2db()
    DeHalo_Alpha()
    Lanczos4Resize(720,480)

If you experince some problems, use the given DirectShowSource example. Ops I almost forgot this: save the script in NotePad such as "my_movie.avs" = then your script is ready. Drag and drop it in VirtualDubMod (Fast Recompress Mode). If it runs ok, download the HC Encoder, drag and drop your script there and configure the whole thing to render the file as NTSC. I guess it is a bit difficult, but not impossible. Then, simply author your DVD!

Cheers,
    Mark
    Quote Quote  
  6. ...or just use either DVDFlick or DeVeDe. Drag and drop for the newbie.

Oh, and as said above (somewhere), be sure to have downloaded the highest quality version of the video (usually MP4).
    Quote Quote