VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I wasn't sure where to post this.

I back up all my movies to two DVDs. I ordered 100 from cdrdvdrmedia.com, but I've gone through all of them and now cdrdvdrmedia.com doesn't sell them anymore.

At 60 cents shipped they weren't cheap, but they had the inner flap for the first DVD. I've looked everywhere for more, but all I can find are the ones with no flap.

I hate the ones with no flap. So, if anybody knows where I can get some cases with flaps, I would really appreciate appreciate the lead.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. have you checked out ebay ?, theres not much that you cannot get on there.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Americal.com sells lots of DVD & CD cases. Their blank media sucks, but their cases are good. Got some nice doubles there once. Cheap too.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Check out www.blankdiscshop.co.uk they do a 2 disc case for 14p.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by energy80s
    Check out www.blankdiscshop.co.uk they do a 2 disc case for 14p.
    Shipping a volume amount to the US might be cost prohivitive, but for what it's worth I picked up a 100 from www.ebuyer.com (who I believe has a branch in the US as well as the UK) for £0.11.
    Will
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    www.rima.com

i've bought a lot of cases and blank media there.

not sure what you mean by the flap but they sell double DVD cases, 100 for $42.30 including shipping. here's the description from the site.

Double DVD Case, Black, Without DVD Logo
    Holds 2 DVDs
    Full outside clear sleeve will hold sheet up to 10 3/4" x 7 1/4"
    Clips inside spine hold literature up to 7 1/8" x 4 7/8" ( 1/16" thick)
    Push button release for easy disc removal
    100 pcs/pack

the clear ones are a little cheaper, $40.30 with UPS ground shipping.

Clear DVD Case with Clear Full Sleeve
    Without DVD Logo
    Clear full sleeve will hold literature up to 10 5/8" x 7 1/4"
    Closed case dimensions: 5 1/4" x 7 1/2" ( 9/16" thick)
    Push button release for easy disc removal and raised inner lip for protection against distortion
    Clips inside lid hold literature up to 7" x 4 3/4" ( 1/16" thick)
    100 pcs/pack
    Quote Quote  
  7. I just ordered some from US Plastics. Here's the link. I ordered 50 single and 50 dual dvd cases and everything including shipping cost 50 bucks.
    http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/category.asp?catalog_name=USPlastic&category_name=CD/...D+Cases&Page=1

Get the econopak. There .34 each for single and .44 for dual
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Meritline sells dual cases as well, check here...

http://www.meritline.com/dualdvdcasbl1.html

I love this...

Meritline listens to the overwhelming demands from customers for Dual CD/DVD case by offering this handsome Dual DVD case with inner flap and insert clips to protect your CDRs and DVDRs.
    <homer simpson voice>ummmmmm.....overwhelming demands.... </homer simpson voice>

- housepig
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    And Meritline is a sponsor here. Done business with them before. Nice guys.
    Hello.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    you could also just wait until an AOL Cd comes by the Mail....
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    "you could also just wait until an AOL Cd comes by the Mail...."

Maybe if I am going to give a copy to someone, but those cases are not exactly "amaray" or even "alpha" quality. They look like them until you see the hub. Now, I have found some that I like, but most of them have the "tri-button" that I can't stand. Some people may like them, but I would rather shell out 39 cents for a case I really want.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Checkout Meritline.com. I've purchased from them in the past (DVD-Rs) and I've just purchased 50pk Ritek 4.7GB DVD-R @ $1.15ea, 25pk DVD Dual Case @ 0.45ea and free shipping for total: $68.75
    Quote Quote  
  13. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    YEah, have any of you tried to get the address stickers off those damn AOL cases, I don't know what kind of glue they use, but it is impossible to get them off there cleanly unless you use a heat gun, but that melts the plastic sleeve.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    have any of you tried to get the address stickers off those damn AOL cases, I don't know what kind of glue they use, but it is impossible to get them off there cleanly unless you use a heat gun, but that melts the plastic sleeve.
    You could try using rubbing alcohol, I used to use that to remove sticker residue from guitars before I sold them. (In fact, you use enough of it, you'll dissolve the sticker right off!)

- housepig
    Quote Quote  
  15. Also lighterfluid some times will dislove the glue also.
    Quote Quote  
  16. I know for a fact that Goo Gone works . I've used on a few cases my self.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    SupermediaStore.com offers its dual DVD movie case 100-pack for $45. Coupon code "caseoff10" drops it to $35, the best we've seen. Each case holds two DVDs. Shipping starts around $10.

http://store.yahoo.com/supermediastore/dvd-dualcase.html
    Quote Quote  
  18. your all missing the best place to get them, blockbuster throws out ALL their original DVD cases I have got over 200 single and 50 doubles for the great price of FREE!!!, they just take out the DVD, sleeve and chuck the cases away, using blockbusters own cases instead for the DVD, by the way make sure to ask the manager if you can have them, 2 stores I have asked they did not care, I just gab the bags that had a 100 or so in each one and threw them in the back of the car. usually make a stop couple times a month, before the put them in the dumster.
    Quote Quote  
  19. If you are going to buy your own case why not go for the ThinPak DVD cases? Same or usualy a bit cheeper as a full but 1/2 thickness! Allows you store 2 times the numer of in the same space as a set of regular size cases.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I bought twice from meritline.com dvd-r and cases combo at good prices. Check them out.
    Regards
    Quote Quote  
  21. Check out eBay or http://www.precisioncddvd.com The lowest prices I've seen for DVD Cases.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    www.neato.com has 100 double cases for $34.95 (great deal!)
    Quote Quote  
  23. Check out http://store.yahoo.com/cdrdvdrmedia/dualdvdcasbl1.html. Prices seem reasonable. I've bought blank DVD-R from them without a hitch.
    Quote Quote  
  24. http://www.precisioncddvd.com seem to have the lowest prices for dvd cases. I just bought from them recently and they were extremely reliable.
    Quote Quote