VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. THIS QUESTION HAS BEEN BOUGHT UP MANY TIMES GUYS...

now we all know how to resize and rip JUST THE MOVIE from dual/single layer dvd's......ie u end up with a single layer dvd disk which auto starts straight into the movie on ya players.....

now we all know how to resize the whole dual layer dvd's including the extras and menu's to a single layer disk.....ie u end up with a good quality main movie but with shit looking extras....

NOW!! is there a way in which you can actually delete the vob/ifo/bup files containing the extras totally from the video_ts folder before u burn,hopefully to stop the disk from locking up when the extra feature icons are pressed during playback......

I THINK I CAN SAFELY SAY THAT MOST RIPPERS OUT THERE WANT TO DO THE SAME THING......................to produce a movie only dvd with the menu title and have only the play button feature left that works........

!!GOD SAVE THE RIPPERS!!
    MATT_THE_MOUSE®™
    Quote Quote  
  2. So rip the movie vobs only and make new nav packs. I have a guide on my page detailing this process (URL in sig).
    http://encoding.n3.net <-- for all your DVD and CD backup needs!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    you shudda put a better title than what you have
    this is the manual method I use
    GUIDE HERE

I've asked for a similar tool a few times now, below is one post and another is HERE
    the best would be a complete hybrid of the best features of each mainly being

DVD95Copy title removal feature - not perfect if you remove menu's but perfect for removing the Titlesets though Title/VobId removal not an option (yet)
    InstantCopy's quality & audio/subs removal - option to use this reducing technique or use lesser quality for speed instead. It also keeps original mapping for audio/subs unlike some
    DVDShrink's Cropping features & Speed - self explantory

that's why at the moment to guarantee succesful backups everytime I still have to author the DVD previous to feeding them into any of these 4 programs as I want more than just a movie only backup and none of these can remove the menu/extras 100% of the time without failing

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE can someone create a tool that will insert blank frames of 0.xx secs into any PGC/VOBID you wish to replace so that I and others do not have to do this manually using Ifoedit/Ifoupdate, surely it can't be that hard

So basically you rip the DVD, tell the program what you wish to keep, it processes it and spits out a DVD ready now for en/trans-coding if need be but more importantly 100% compliant like the original

It would be setup a bit like DVDToolbox (using DVDShrink's frame analysis for cropping if cell removal was possible) but instead of just doing one stream at a time you can do the lot

giving 4 levels of optional removal. DVDToolbox only goes to Level 2 when it gives you the option to extract

1. Titleset
    2. Title
    3. VOB ID
    4. Cell

you can process the 1st 3 levels manually using Ifoedit/IfoUpdate before feeding it to one of these en/trans-coding tools and it always work which is what I now do religously and never have problems and persuaded a few more to follow, so why do programs now try to do the whole process in one go and as fast as they can yet fail miserably, it's because they try to do it all in one process instead of stages

It takes me 4 stages to backup a DVD

1. Rip all files in Filemode
    2. Author by removing the crap using Ifoedit/Ifoupdate
    3. Process to reduce (main movie IC and then DVD95Copy to process menu/extras)
    4. Burn with Nero

end result is 4.37Gb of DVD with an IC encoded movie and all the menu/extras I decided to keep but most importantly 100% fully compliant in a Standalone. I ain't the world's best DVD backup person but I stick to a routine and it works everytime

Stages 1 & 4 are already easy to do as the tools are out there to do this so Developer's forget about that for now and implement it after if need be! and Stage 3 can be done with any of the 4 programs also without problems apart from the few problematic DVD's

it's the programs that try to do stage 2 that trip up on most occasions as none can remove video 100% of the time and work and the nearest to perfection is DVD95Copy as it inserts the 0.xx sec frames when a Titleset is removed. This is great if you only remove the Titlesets but when people remove the wrong Menu titles then they risk destroying the structure and that's how DVD95Copy trips up

what you need is a tool that will scan the DVD to get exact video sizes (bit like DVDToolbox's analysis) then let the user decide what video/audio to keep, it then removes it properly, then it lets the user decide what rates to compress it by

after telling this removal tool/feature what you want to keep, it would take 10-15 mins to process but it would maintain the complete original DVD structure because it would be inserting blank frames. In fact after it's done the optional analysis it could even ask for reduction rates before processing the DVD to remove unwanted video before reduction if the user couldn't come back after 10-15 minutes

then this tool would reduce the DVD but maintain the structure and if it's over 4.37Gb THEN process the video for reduction and as you are not removing anything during the en/trans-coding process it will still work afterwards

simple but damn effective. I just wish I was a programmer so I could write it myself instead I gotta do it manually with Ifoedit/Ifoupdate until someone does!

In fact it's DVDToolbox in reverse cos instead of extracting a Title stream you want to keep you are extracting the streams you don't want but having the option of removing more than just one stream

surely it can't be that hard and hopefully some bright spark will read all the crap above and see my ideas behind the method and create the perfect backup tool or at least a DVD stripping tool that can be used before one of the other programs
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I suggest you change the thread title.
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Using the guide by MackemX you can reduce every Extra to 12k in size desn't matter how many VOB IDs are in there and the menu still link CORRECTLY, you have to read the guide EVERY CAREFUL.

If there is more than one PGC, you can reduce it to 1 PGC --> Then use the .12 second trick (the one that use 2 dummy files blank.mvs and something.VOB) to reduce the title to just .12 second.

-G2345C/A4
    Quote Quote