VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Guest
    This is probobly a very n00bish question but I just want to make sure that I'm right.
    I've found out that every divx-file I have, has a resolution of something like 592 x 320 (189440 pixels) or 512 x 272 (139264 pixels). And if I convert them to SVCD (230400 pixels), I won't get them any sharper than if I convert them to CVD (202752 pixels), right?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sort of.

SVCD is 480x480. So you will get at best from your file is 480x320 or 480x272 of real information. There will be black bar padding to make them 480x480. Same sort of issue with CVD resolutions.

Re-sizing in the vertical will create a distroted image (increasing vertical while decreasing horizontal). Your talking almost a 40% increase in the vertical resolution, it's going to look blocky if you don't letterbox it.

Typically I chop off the sides, resize, then pad to 480x480, then filter as need and encode with TMPGEnc.
    To Be, Or, Not To Be, That, Is The Gazorgan Plan
    Quote Quote  
  3. Guest
    so you're saying that if i don't convert it to anamorphic, i won't get macroblocks and there will be no difference between SVCD and CVD? Yes or No?
    Quote Quote