VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6
1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. I ran across this over on Doom9's forums. New program called DVDShrink. Lotsa options and it's freeware. Check it out at [url]
    http://www.dvdr-digest.com/url]. The software is linked on the front page.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    same speed as DVD2One but a few more fancy features

looks promising, processing a DVD now

get it while you can I say cos I bet it's not free for long
    Quote Quote  
  3. Im also doing Femme Fatal with it. Pretty large DVD so it will be interesting to see how it stacks up against the competition. With this, CloneDVD and DVDXCopy Platinum on the horizon, the 9 to 5 software wars are really heating up.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Is there another link to this program because all I get when I click on the DL link is this.

Sorry - you have reached this page because of one of the following reason :
    You did something that is not allowed on this server

Our files can only be downloaded if you clicked on a link to them on an authorised site (eg. DVD, DVDR, DivX Digest, Nickyguides). Sites that illegally hot-link or direct-link to our files will find that the link will redirect to our anti-leech page.

You can't use a download manager/accelerator or web caching tool (like GoZilla, DNS Accelerator, GetRight, Download Accelerator ...) - these tools tend to open multiple connections (to speed up downloads), and prevent other users from connecting to our server - our server does not have a speed cap, so there is no need for these tools anyway (in fact, they may slow down your downloads). These tools may also not work when anti-leeching is present.

You must left click on the link - right clicking or copying the link to your browser's location bar is not allowed.

Some firewalls, such as ZoneAlarm, prevents your browser from sending information regarding which page you are currently trying to download from, hence, causing anti-leeching to kick in. There are options within firewalls such as ZoneAlarm that allows you to rectify this situation, please refer to their documenations for more detail.

Certain browsers, such as certain versions of the Opera browser, has the same effect as ZoneAlarm. There are also options to change how your browser behaves, to make it work with our site.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    TRY THIS and go from there
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    first go to the main website, than download the program from the main menu

he doesn't like external linking
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    for testing purposes I ripped the 3 last titles of xXx (tripple X)
    these are the 3 trailers located on the dvd

problem is that the VTS_01_0.IFO file couldn't be loaded into IFOedit; it crashes the program... the other IFO's are fine!

other 'problem' is that you manually have to strip the unwanted subs and audio tracks with IFOedit but this won't be much trouble I guess, but because of the faulty VTS_01_0.IFO file the SET VTS SECTORS option crashed the program immediately.
    Quote Quote  
  8. How big is the file? Would someone just email me the file ( bob@modcoinc.com )as all I can get is the page I posted above or this.

"Sorry - you have reached this page because of one of the following reasons :
    Our servers are too busy at the moment, please try again later by going back and clicking on the download link again"
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by porto
    Thank you kind sir I got it.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    cool program!

you can select alot of options, don't have to use IFOedit anymore to add/delete audio/subtitles/tracks, this program has it build in. It is alot like DVD2ONE but I guess alot better concerning ripping multiple titles in one turn, set compression ratio's and I love the frame-preview while ripping! It's damn fast too.

Only thing I still waiting for is a SIMPLE menumaker like Nero got for VCD/SVCD... now you have to manually enter the title with your remote (if that option ever works though).

anyone already got a video-comparison between dvd2one and dvdshrink?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Ok I ran a 7.2GB DVD9 using DVDshrink. It took about 26 minutes to put the new re-encoded files on my drive and that includes whatever ripping the program does so IMO this program is even faster than DVD2one. Looking at the movie on my computer using PowerDVD it seems the menu and extras all are there and work and the movie looks good however the real test is to burn to DVD-RW and view it on the big screen.

My gut feel at this point is that DVDshrink is damn fast with good quality plus offers a few more options to the user that others don't. The user has the option to re-encode or re-author and full control over the compression ratio. The only downside is perhaps it's a little harder to use or understand than DVD2one or DVD95 but then this is my first go at it.

One other thought is if I was to burn using 4x media that means I could go from DVD9 to DVDR in about 40 minutes total.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just discovered DVD Shrink and was going to run over here to be the first to post results, but I see I've arrived late

Did "The Time Machine" from start to finish in about 40 minutes. All sorts of streams and variables you can control if you want --- or you can let the program do it for you. Nice, logical, good-looking interface.

Burned to a DVD-RW with the latest Nero using standard dvd-video settings. Everything plays like a charm on my nasty Emerson DVD/VCR combo --- a real challenge. Compared it against my DVD2One copy of the same movie, and it stacks up very well indeed!

Damn nice freeware effort!!!

I think the next version is going to have an iso burning option as well.
    Quote Quote  
  13. "I think the next version is going to have an iso burning option as well."

The copy I have had that option button. It gave me the option to put the re-encoded file on my hard drive directly or as an ISO. I don't know if it actually works.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Bob W
    "I think the next version is going to have an iso burning option as well."

The copy I have had that option button. It gave me the option to put the re-encoded file on my hard drive directly or as an ISO. I don't know if it actually works.
    Yea, the iso button is there, but when you click on it it says that the feature has not been implemented yet.

I must say, I'm really quite impressed with this thing. It handled the 8gig "The Time Machine" really well, and I fiddled with a lot of settings just for kicks!
    Quote Quote  
  15. It just keeps getting better and this little gem is FREE. Makes me a bit upset when I figure up all the money I wasted on other programs like the $100 for DVDX Copy.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Well I am trying it now, definately some interesting features for its first release.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Fantastic, What an excellent program. Options as you want them or pre-sets for the not so technical. Just did a 4.9gig from disc to DVD+R burnt and all in 40mins all up. No ripping problems with decryptor or Smarty, just pop in the disc and set up your options.....truly excellent.

Top Program...Well done.

Studebarc
    Quote Quote  
  18. umm time machine is a very small movie.... i lost no quality converting it without menus........ try something over 92 minutes........ something like 132 minutes like terminator 2
    Quote Quote  
  19. Just dowloaded program
    Ripped & burned to DVD +RW in 48 mins ( Gladiator)
    1.3 P4,640 MB RDRAM,Ricoh 5125 burner
    New file 3.58 gig
    Quality is great on my 28in widescreen
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by thepiecesfit
    umm time machine is a very small movie.... i lost no quality converting it without menus........ try something over 92 minutes........ something like 132 minutes like terminator 2
    Time Machine = 96 minutes main movie done on level 3. Rest of streams done on level 4. Everything looks and plays great.

Update: Just did Total Recall --- 113 minutes main movie on level 3. Rest of streams done on level 4. Everything still looks and plays great, this time on my simple Apex 1100W.

What a fine little piece of work
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Futurama Season 1 disk 2 looks great, only thing I removed with the extra languages and commentary, then compressed the video. Output looks great, we'll see what happens with other DVDs, I'm resurving judgement until I play more.
    Quote Quote  
  22. This program is incredible it gives all those options and very easy and very fast, WOW this might be the pnly program I need and its FREE.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Has anyone attempted to do a "guide" yet? Downloaded this morning and took it for a "test write" backing up EMPIRE. Wasn't quite sure what I was doing just yet so burned using Nero Express w/a DVD+RW and Voila! Looks Great! Would still like to know extactly how to play around w/settings etc.
    Can't believe this is FREE. Not for long I bet. Does anyone think the author could be in for legal issues w/the decrypter and authoring built into one? Laters.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by bdgriff
    Has anyone attempted to do a "guide" yet?
    use the inbuilt Help
    Quote Quote  
  25. Beats me how a 200kb zipped file like this can do all that it does. I wish I could write this stuff then put it on the web for a few dollars and sit back in my villia in Cancun watching the money come in.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Just tried it.........Very good.........and all for free........In fact the added decyption puts it slighty ahead of DVD20ne and DVD95copy..true there may be some legal repurcussions coz of this but i would of thought the MPAA would go after DVDxCOPY first !

In fact i think this is the first software that can rip a complete DVD to hard drive 'on the fly'.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Regarding all this talk about possible legal troubles... it seems to me that the bottom-line is that nothing ever happened to the makers of DVDDecryptor, SmartRipper, etc. and these apps have been out for a long time now. Besides which, the author has already indicated that he considered all of this (and that is part of the reason he chose to make this freeware) so I see no reason why anyone should be second guessing his decision. Clearly he decided to make this great app available like so many other freeware authors do in order to get a little personal gratification from helping others out. So, it seems to me we should all respect his personal decision and thank him for his efforts!
    Quote Quote  
  28. Do you know why I canīt see the right colors in the preview window? Iīm trying to reencode Deep Blue Sea but all I see is purple and green in the preview window. Will it show the right colors in the burned DVD? Also, is there a feature to change widescreen to fullscreen? Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Do you know why I canīt see the right colors in the preview window? Iīm trying to reencode Deep Blue Sea but all I see is purple and green in the preview window. Will it show the right colors in the burned DVD? Also, is there a feature to change widescreen to fullscreen? Thanks in advance.
    I get this when I'm playing a dvd with another proggie at the same time...eg. PowerDVD
    "Drawn beyond the lines of reason. Push the envelope. Watch it bend."
    Quote Quote