VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Thread
  1. Except for the low, low price of $139.95.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Genious. Sheer Genious. I had purchased InstantCopy 7, and even after the latest update, the FAQs, the registry editing tools, still found the results unacceptable. The video quality was fantastic, but in more then 3/4 of the movies I copied, while they looked great, when it came down to the last 3-4 chapters of the movie, I would get sudden "skipping" that looked as though big chunks of the films dissappeared (Bourne Identity; Star Trek IV; Chasing Amy) this occurance continued to happen.. the first 1 1/2 hours under Instant Copy -looked- fantastic.. but the end of the films were always butchered.

While DVDShrink doesn't give me quite the same quality, it is much closer to "instant" .. on my P4 2.8G, InstantCopy took slightly under 2 hours for a movie (just to convert) and of course, yielded results in goofy .PDI format, which required me to have the PDI tool, or have it go direct to DVD (which I chose more often) by yielding correctly parsed VOBs, DVD Shrink solves all of that.

Kudos to excellent freeware!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tmservo
    InstantCopy took slightly under 2 hours for a movie (just to convert) and of course, yielded results in goofy .PDI format, which required me to have the PDI tool, or have it go direct to DVD (which I chose more often) by yielding correctly parsed VOBs, DVD Shrink solves all of that.
    That could possibly be your problem. Try burning from the PDI image instead.
    I don't have a bad attitude...
    Life has a bad attitude!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by MackemX
    https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=506825#506825

has anyone seen DVDCopyDecrypter which is exactly the same as DVDShrink?
    DVDCopyDecrypter = DVDStinks
    Quote Quote  
  5. tmservo,
    Try the conversion to .iso mode if you plan on saving them. Then burn from Nero. I've done about 200 or so movies with it and NEVER had a problem. 2 coasters total, one was an electrical storm power outage and the other I'm not sure, it just said failed burn and ejected DVD. When I retried it burnt fine.

HideOut
    Quote Quote  
  6. has anyone tried the new 1.03 version of this software, ive been using the 1.02 and had good results so far the 1.03 allow for different compression.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Finer control over compression but basically the same algorithms.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I've converted about 8 DVD's already with this freeware & I love it. Very fast conversion and I love the preview screen.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried it last night on the Matrix.

I just wanted the movie and took title set 2.

The conversion completed the files played on power dvd, however Nero give a error. The ifo and bup files were there but the other 2 files were not. All the vob file were _02_.

Anyone know how to correct this ?

dlb.
    Quote Quote  
  10. dlb this sounds stupid but did you MAKE sure that the set that you chose was the right one? by using the scroll at the bottom. i know that in Bridge on River Kwai, the setup was really wierd and i had to use 2 different vts sets. mine was just stupid though i kept NOT noticing it wasnt the entire movie.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm sure I picked the whole movie, when I play on power dvd there are 38 chapters, over 2 hrs and each chapter plays. There are 2 command files not created and the vob numbers are 02.xx

dlb.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Having problems when using Shrink the following error

Failed to lock overlay buffer for writing Reason:Unknown.

Can any one help

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  13. can dvd shrink join a double sided dvd together
    how do u do it
    nuff respect
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DoubleShadowIce
    Region Codes

1) U.S., Canada, U.S. Territories
    2) Japan, Europe, South Africa, and Middle East (including Egypt)
    3) Southeast Asia and East Asia (including Hong Kong)
    4) Australia, New Zealand, Pacific Islands, Central America, Mexico, South America, and the Caribbean
    5) Eastern Europe (Former Soviet Union), Indian subcontinent, Africa, North Korea, and Mongolia
    6) China
    7) Reserved
    8) Special international venues (airplanes, cruise ships, etc.)
    As mentioned durring a Screen Savers episode on TechTV, Region 7 is reserved for the Moon believe it or not.
    I've backed up nearly 50+ DVDs now. I've used DVDXCopy (never again), DVD Copy Plus (never again), DVD2One (didn't care for it), Instant Copy v7, & now DVD Shrink. So far I've only had non-playable, on my standalone, from DVDXCopy & Nero. And for some reason I had problems with IC not finishing the burn, so I ended up with several blown DVDs. Plus I can't at this point make ISOs as I'm using FAT32 vs NTFS till I reinstall.
    Since then my optimum usage for a DVD9 is DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink removing all subs & all but 1 audio track, reencode, then burn with RecordNow Max. Occasionally I use IC7 for DVDs I can't get close to the 4.38 Gig size & PDI Tool to extract the files, then RNM. I have yet to get 1 blown DVD. I would have used IC7, but Shrink gets nearly the same quality @ much less time.

Thanks for the hard work. it's much appreciated.
    mw2merc
    "I put the KILL, in SKILL!"
    "faecs occurrere"
    Quote Quote  
  15. hi there has anybody got a guide or tried dvd shrink to back up a dvd containing a series like cold feet etc i tried and failed any body got any ideas
    Quote Quote  
  16. I just tried to burn Catch me if you can and this is the error I get..

A problem occured with analog write protection. Anyone ever seen this and if so what do i need to get pass it?

Used dvd shrink to rip and copytodvd to burn.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by runnerbl
    I just tried to burn Catch me if you can and this is the error I get..

A problem occured with analog write protection. Anyone ever seen this and if so what do i need to get pass it?

Used dvd shrink to rip and copytodvd to burn.
    First off, when do you get the error? If when ripping the DVD, try using DVD Decryptor, if when burning, try Stomp's Record Now Max. I have yet to get any errors using these + DVD Shrink.
    Quote Quote  
  18. To the guy with the SONY 500. I have the same drive. I burn the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS with RecordNow (NOT MAX) that came with the drive. 100% success so far. In RecordNow just select "DATA DISK", then add the folders VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS, and then burn it.
    Quote Quote  
  19. 50inch HDTV ... Got a 65 inch hdtv ...
    You'd think, people with this sort of money, they could just buy another copy of the damn movie to give to their friends or kids or take on the airplane or whatever they claim to do.

The rest of us with TVs in the 20"-30" range, now all this trouble seems a little more reasonable, as this reflects a more modest entertainment budget.

Sorry, just a cynical observation. Nothing else to contribute.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Does anyone know if the author of DVD Shrink is back from vacation yet? The last word from him was he was going to alter the program to use a slider to select quality instead of buttons for set levels of compression. He also implied that he was going to increase video quality of his engine. I haven't seen any posts from him for weeks. Was just wondering where he stands.
    Jim Petrick
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Any idea whether this program keeps 5.1 audio while encoding?
    Quote Quote  
  22. From Doom9 forum:
    DVD Shrink 1.3 had some major problems.
    This is the last version there will not be 1.4
    No more freebies - Next product will be for sale!
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Considering the errors that have been reported. Not to mention no proper support for Chapters and subtittling, he should keep the next version free as well,and charge for the one that works, when the above shortcomings are solved,and when the bugs are fixed.
    Quote Quote