VideoHelp Forum

Poll: My Monitor Is....

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not going for viewable, but what size it says it is.

21" Apple Studio Display
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Mmm, 18' DELL TFT? No button....
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  3. 17 inch VeiwSonic CRT model 17GA. A freind who didn't have room for it traded me for a generic 14inch, can't beat that> Boy he was dumb, but then he is my freind.

Sean
    We all like Sheep have gone astray...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    21" for the primary and 19" for the secondary. Once you watch a DVD with 5.1 speaker system on a 21 inch monitor from 2 feet away......the 27" TV with Dolby Surround only seems pretty weak!!!
    To Be, Or, Not To Be, That, Is The Gazorgan Plan
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    19 inch Sony Trinitron Multiscan
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    NEC Multisync LCD2010 20.1-inch TFT
    Gateway2000 Crystalscan 17-inch
    HP Pavilion M90 19-inch
    Dell UltraSharp 1900FP 19-inch
    and a Sony CPD-G420S DELUXEPRO Series 19-inch FD Trinitron CRT
    [ = Check out my band @ www.samadhirock.com = ]
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have 2 systems. For my main system I use a 19" monitor. For my game system I have a 21" monitor.
    Beneath every smile is a wicked grin. ;)
    Quote Quote  
  8. I have two 17" monitors on my main system, one 15" on my brother's system, and a 17" on my parent's system.

And I think you meant to put " instead of ' in the poll options... I don't know many people with 21-foot displays. But now i'm being nitpicky.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm using one 22" Mitsubishi/Nec
    One 22" Nokia
    and TWO 15 EIZO LCD'son my third system
    (One 22" equals two 15" in my world:-)
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    21" Hitachi SuperScan Elite 802 I've had for about 6 years and 4 or 5 computers (depending on how much upgrading you consider a whole new computer). Won't be replacing it until 20" TFT screens are better and a lot cheaper. Or, maybe by then someone will have a 27"-32" 16x9 plasma screen that can be used equally well as a TV and computer monitor for a reasonable price.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Just a 19 inch Mag monitor, of course it's flat screen tube but I have no idea the model number, the 21 inch models wouldn't actually fit on my desk with room for the keyboard in front.... the 19 barely does but anything smaller and I'd cry, the second PC has two 17 inch monitors using a GF4ti4200 to run them, it's mainly for web browsing and grunt tasks, burning CD's etc... but I love the multimonitor display.... I really should get a bigger desk
    We will either find a way or make one - Hannibal
    Quote Quote  
  12. My Monitor Is....

8.a piece of crap

9.a giant paperweight

10.being recycled

11.giving me a migrane

BTW...mine is 17"(42.5cm) and tgpo " ' "=feet
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    17 in. Samsung. I'm too cheep to get a flat panel. I'll wait till a 17 in. goes for around $2oo.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I did not know they measured monitiors in feet '. Most are measured in inches ". I know it's a typo or is that a tgpo?

Well, I have a KDS 19" XF-9e shared by both systems I have. They also share mouse and Keyboard. And this monitior cost less then my first 14" svga non-interlaced generic monitior. My how times have changed and prices gone down!
    May the force be with you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Best story of all....

I have a 21" IBM (SONY) Trinitron Flat screen...Bought BRAND new for 99 dollars !!! How ?

About a year ago I bid and won a refurbished monitor on UBID.COM ...A week went by , no ship. I get an email from them. My choice,

Refund plus a 30 dollar credit toward next purchase
    or
    21" IBM Sony trinitron Flat Screen....

Duh.....Which do you think I took ?
    Look at the price on this thing and you'll know why that was my lucky day
    http://www.encoreshop.com/mon-6552-63n-ox.html
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I never did learn which one was which.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My monitor is 17 inches.
    Quote Quote  
  18. 19 inches here...
    I have found out that a flat monitor of 17 inches is almost as big as an ordinary monitor of 19 inches...
    this confuses me :fist:
    I wanna be bigger, stronger, drive a faster car...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    But with a flat screen monitor you typically don't have to worry about viewable size back the size of the monitor is the size that you can view.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Did I mention that my 19" actually sits on top of my 21"?? The Effing thing is THAT big!!! It also ways like 80 pounds....
    To Be, Or, Not To Be, That, Is The Gazorgan Plan
    Quote Quote  
  21. I have 3 computer two with dual monitor (19").
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't see an option for my DEC VT320 serial console! About 12 inches diagonal, monochrome-amber, 19200bps.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Mine is a funny size

20" CTX CRT monitor
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    32 Inch LCD 16:9 display NEC
    I paid $7000 for this baby.. plays DVDs too...
    Quote Quote  
  25. Depends on what PC...

One has a 17" CRT monitor
    My notebook has a 13" (or is it 14"?) TFT LCD screen
    And the beautiful workstation at work (for viewing x-rays) has dual 21" Samsung TFT LCD monitors with each in "portait" position.

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    21" Sony Trinitron Multiscan
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by WeedVender
    32 Inch LCD 16:9 display NEC
    I paid $7000 for this baby.. plays DVDs too...
    That sounds kinda like what I'm waiting for but $7000 is just a weeeeeeee bit (read way) out of my price range.

The 42" PlasmaSync looks nice too if only that came in a 32" and a helluva lot cheaper. I dont see a 32" 16:9 LCD though?

http://www.necvisualsystems.com/applicationFiles/productDetails/appl_productDetail.cfm...Product_id=306
    Quote Quote  
  28. Far too goddamn old now EddyH's Avatar
    Soul sucking suburbia! But a different part since I last logged on.
    Search Comp PM
    Raaa. Why didn't this post first time? Anyway.

Moved up last summer from an early 90's 14 incher (good quality though, IBM 6312, better than the average bundled 15") to a 2nd user office clearance 15". Feels quite big in comparison... but so many 17"ers on the poll, makes a guy feel quite inadequate.

Ah well it's what you do with it rather than the actual measurements. Get plentynuff enjoyment out of it and most 17" I see are set to the same 1024x768 at 75hz I use, which for 40 pounds sterling compared to £120+ is pretty wonderful quality to my mind; no warranty but monitor replacements have proved to be a bitch in the past, might end up spending as much on shipping as to buy another clearance box.
    The old 14" was only £25 as well, got 84hz at 800x600. Bargain. 10 years young and still works with a clear picture

Also got a couple of laptops.. currently broken down; bangernomics doesnt work too well with them. First one cost me a webcam so effectively 20 pounds - all of 33mhz and a beautiful, 7-shades-of-grey 9.5 inch screen. But, it ran MS Word 6 fine enough.. The other, which I really want to fix ("just add solder"), £65, an old classic folding-keyboard IBM thinkpad (75mhz ). It's got a modest 10.4" TFT, but on such a beautifully tiny body (smaller than the mono), it looks huge. Even it's standard VGA resolution seems detailed.

For comparison, I also have a 14" TV and a four-and-a-half seater car with a 1043cc (64ci) engine... but 230gb of disc, mounds of VCDs and DVDs to fuel the TV and it's dinky surround system, and alternately load Die Maus up with about a half ton of stuff or drive around at 80-90mph all over the place, overtaking spoiler-clad sheeples driving round with half their brain on (once, exercising extreme restraint, I got 55mpg out of it... the usual average stands at about 30-35 as the throttles are always propped open). Again, it's what you do that counts...

Incidentally ladies, my 'personal measurements' are.... ehehehe...

Sterno, word, but you know the 10-inch mono-green version of the VT320 is the real master. (yeah, my college still has a couple banks of the old soldiers running too)
    -= She sez there's ants in the carpet, dirty little monsters! =-
    Back after a long time away, mainly because I now need to start making up vidcapped DVDRs for work and I haven't a clue where to start any more!
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    well i bought this thing in Japan. So i dunno why they wouldnt have it on the site.
    Quote Quote