VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Just want something for main movie only to author CCE encoded file, ac3 soundtracks, subtitles, and chapters.
    Well, the authoring component of SVCD2DVDMPG+ is more of a plugin/extension of the SVCD2DVDMPG main app. Hence its job really is to overcome the SVCD->DVD compliancy issues with DVD authoring thereafter. However, currently it would deal with your spec above other than subtitles. It produces a VIDEO_TS folder containing single or multiple VTSs (chapters are posible but i don't know if i'll bother in the first release). In theory it could become a seperate app but i want to focus on SVCD->DVDR in the first instance (because thats all i do!). Anyway if the first release is succesful i will be improving the authoring component. Simple menus, subtitles etc. Also, as this is quite a dynamic project, things like different chapter import formats will be quite quick to add (i readily take requests/comments from users). SVCD2DVDMPG+ will be available, as a update to the standard free version, to people who donate a small sum (around £10 or 10 euros - i haven't decided yet)

I'm just talking about main movie only one VTS set and no menus.
    What would your sources be? a single mpeg video elementry stream + ac-3 audio? If so i may be that after the "plus" release (& if it takes off...), a mpeg(PS/ES) to single VTS DVDR one click, no frills app could follow pretty quickly.... I'd be intrested in you thoughts.

CB
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hey guys - help me out here....

https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=155606

TIA
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by ChrissyBoy
    Just want something for main movie only to author CCE encoded file, ac3 soundtracks, subtitles, and chapters.
    sum (around £10 or 10 euros - i haven't decided yet)

I'm just talking about main movie only one VTS set and no menus.
    What would your sources be? a single mpeg video elementry stream + ac-3 audio?
    yes exactly ...either from A) DVD2SVCD, B) DVD2DVD-R or from C)DoItFast4U and DoCCE4U...one of those three or all of those three.

A) has chapters in Maestro format currently and also saves timecodes of chapters in dvd2svcdchapters.ini and subs are individual .bmp
    B) chapters are store in timecodes in a single text file..and subs are store in a single file .SUB...also can export to scenarist .SCN
    C) still toying with this but in probably less than a month in combination with ReAuthorist will create scenarist .SCN files for easy import into scenarist.
    If so i may be that after the "plus" release (& if it takes off...), a mpeg(PS/ES) to single VTS DVDR one click, no frills app could follow pretty quickly.... I'd be intrested in you thoughts.
    CB
    Oh heck yeah...no frills MOVIE only VTS DVDR one click app. Remember though it has to do subs and multiple audio. Something that TMPGEnc can't do currently nor can DVDLAB.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So thats me maxed for then next couple of months!!!

No seriuosly, let me get plus version out and I'll see how viable it is.

CB
    Quote Quote  
  5. ChrissyBoy,

one more time, thanks for your worries about my problem.
    answering your question, i'm using dvd decrypter to copy the dvd files to my hard drive, dvd backup to convert from dvd to svcd and then i used your software to transform it to a dvdsvcd and finally i burn it in Nero. and i'm getting this framed image. I tried to do the same process for a vcd, but it gave me some chroma error something, as you can see i'm just starting on this, and had no success.
    By the way, i'm in Brazil how can i give you some donation and apply for upgrade pro version?
    I hope you can help me.

All the best.

Ruddie
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ruddie - i am not familiar with dvd decrypter or dvd backup. However, and i may be wrong here, going from dvd to svcd then back to dvd seems like strange process.... surely one of the dvd to dvd progs would be better suited?

What does you dvdsvcd look like in windvd b4 your burn?

cb
    Quote Quote  
  7. Chrissyboy
    How about a reply to my VCD question further up the page
    please.

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    fatbloke: sorry - I've been maxed with:

- work
    - new version of tool
    - more work!
    - emails & questions about tool....

Chrissyboy I've used this tool with no problems on svcd's, today i've tried to do 3 vcds (pal) and when i come to play them after burning the picture keeps stopping and starting ? the sound is ok and the quality of the picture is ok. When I went to patch the bin files for these I only patched the headers is this what i'm doing wrong , do i need to patch the whole file ???? also is it posiible to put vcds and svcds on the same dvd ??? and is there a work round for putting pal and ntsc on the same dvd, as maestro refuses to accept the two together. please help.
    1. Does the stopping/starting happen in windvd? In my experience - if it works there it works on my standalone(Dansai 852). What do you use to burn & author? I have not heard of this b4 now so can't advise much.

2. Patching: this is really dependant on your authoring software. You only need to do what is necessary to get the prog to accept the file. Re-patching is a different matter. If your software produces single title sets(VTSs) then you should repatch the entire file. This is because if you patch the first header initially then these headers will be in the middle of the vobs. Other wise repatch the same as you patched in the first place.

3. SVCD & VCDs on the same disk is really dependent on you authoring software. No reason why not.

4. PAL & NTSC on same DVD is possible. You have to have multiple title sets however and you can't mix standards in a given VTS. I don't know of a way to get Maestro to do it. All is not lost: SVCD2DVDMPG+ will do it!

hope that helps a bit.

CB
    Quote Quote  
  9. ChrissyBoy,

it might sound strange to you the process of going from dvd to svcd and back to dvd. The porpouse of it is to record two movies in one dvd. If you have any sugestions, please feel free to speak, as i've told you i'm new to this business.
    By the way, i'm sorry but i didn't understand you question about dvdsvcd look like in windvd b4 your burn, my english is not that good.

Thanks.
    Ruddie
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    rodolfo: ok now i see!

windvd bit - have you tried viewing the new dvd (ViDEO_TS folder) in a software dvd player on your PC like WINDVD or POWERDVD? Does this look ok?

In my experience - if it works there it works on my standalone(Dansai 852). What do you use to burn & author?
    Quote Quote  
  11. ChrissyBoy,

yes, it looks OK on my computer when i use powerdvd xp 4.0 to watch it. I use Nero to burn it. I tried to author with dvdlab, but i got the framed image as result.

all the best,
    Ruddie
    Quote Quote  
  12. Thanks Chrissyboy for the reply, I'll try patching the whole file, I use Maestro to author the dvds and recordnowmax for burning.

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Fatbloke: if you use Maestro to author then you only need to patch first header - as maestro produces a title set per movie. What does it look like in WINDVD? Does this happen with all your attempts?
    Quote Quote  
  14. This has only happened when doing VCDS ! SVCDS have always come out ok, so for VCDS I only need to patch the header ?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Also I don't have windvd, but I use power dvd and its the same as my standalone , with the picture stopping and starting all through on both the VCDS on the same disc.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you don't need to patch VCD files! Ther already have DVD complaint resolution. That could be the issue!
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Getting strange errors with CTP Nemesis. Program creates 12 small mpegs for each disk. Maestro rejects these as invalid. The main mpegs created by program are also rejected by Maestro due to temporal gop problems....?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Some sources(a very small number) give this type of behaviuor. I am also familiar with it being the case for this particular source. I don't know why really but it has been suggested that small changes in frame rate may be the reason....

Sorry but there is nothing to be done - CDR for this one....
    Quote Quote  
  19. Hi,

Great program Chris, exactly what a dope like me needs..

I have successfully created a DVD with 10 small VCDs on it (mountain biking flicks).
    I'm trying to create one with three Films on (first 3 Tarantino films).

Using DivX sources from Internet. Checked these with DivFix all OK.
    Have converted them to 352x288 Audio 224 & 48000 with TmpgEnc..
    These all play nicely in PowerDVD.

When I run your proggy on them it demultiplexes them, skips the re-encode stage because the audio is already 48000 then re-multiplexes them. The resulting <filmname>_DVD.mpg file then has the same video start/stop/start problem FatBloke is seeing. Audio is fine, it's like the video stops to let the audio catch up...

I have tried converting the original .avi files to a standard VCD mpg in TmpgEnc, then let your program do it's thing but still have exactly the same problem.

I have re-downloaded the source files but still the same. It does it on all 3 Films which suggests it probably isn't the source that's got problems..

Any ideas ?

Would be good if it you could turn off the demux/mux stage, I'm sure it's that bit that does it...

I'll try ripping some DVDs to guarantee good source material and see if that helps.

thanks,

Col
    Quote Quote  
  20. Just tried the same thing with MovieFactory and exactly the same results...
    Must be the source files

Col
    Quote Quote  
  21. I just re-encoded the original avi with mainconcept at 352x288 224 48000 then used MovieFactory and it was fine......

So looks like there is a difference between what TmpgEnc does and Mainconcept does that (S)VCD2DVDMPG likes Mainconcept better.....

For clarification, I re-encoded the whole film, not just the sound, will try just the sound next.

cheers,

Col
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Could someone tell me the program and command that svcd2dvdmpeg uses to change the first frame of the m2v to fool the dvd authoring program? In some cases that is all I need to do and don't want the svcd2dvdmpeg to run thru all the other time-consuming tasks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    it does it internally. To achieve your goal use dvd patcher.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!