VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Jusplayn: I have never had sync issues - but others have( <5) I would normally put it down to dodgy source mpgs (droped frames, adverts being cut etc) but i find it interesting that if you do it manually it works out ok. So can you PM/Email me with details of the mpg in question (maybe i need to get it from you). I think, if we can identify a program which can be command line driven & resolves the issue, we should have a "Choose resample application" option.

CB
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Now that there is a patch/hack for the SupportLibs.dll for SpruceUP and DVDMaestro to accept any resolution in a .m2v file, eliminating the need for patching the header, any chance of making that Optional in the GUI? 8)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Where cna you get the hacks at, I need that pretty bad
    Quote Quote  
  4. Has anyone tried the finished files with ReelDVD? I can't seem to get ReelDVD to like the files. I was able to import them into Maestro after applying a pulldown on the files, but I'm not very comfortable with Maestro (never used it) and I'm much more comfortable with ReelDVD. This is the error I receive when I import them into ReelDVD:
    Error : Number of pictures (20) in GOP(# 339) or between sequence_header_code should be equal or smaller than 18.

I'd like to figure a work around for this as converting to .avi and then re-encoding takes much longer then the few minutes it took to run the program on these small files I created years ago. So much for not thinking about the future.

Thaks for the program.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Vegeta_RVPPC
    Where cna you get the hacks at, I need that pretty bad
    I don't know if there's a 'patch' available, but what Stardex is referring to involves opening up the supportlibs.dll in a hex editor, and changing a couple of byte values.

I tried it, and it apparently works as advertised. Maestro accepted an M2v file with an SVCD resolution (480x480) with no problems.

I don't think I can post the changes and not violate the forum rules, so I'll play it safe.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I was not aware of the hack until now. It must be said though that with using svcd2dvdmpg & dvdmaestro - you only patch the first header of your mpvs. That takes a split second. Re-patching to 480 post authoring again takes a split second.

Before svcd2dvdmpg you would have had to use dvdpatcher. This had no bulk patch facility. so you would have had to load up the files one by one....

As for stardex's request. I'm considering a config option so that you can turn on & off the various steps. So you would be able to use tool as it is now. Or just as a bulk patcher, or a bulk muxer or demuxer, or as a bulk ripper or a bulk resampler. Or a combination of any of these. I think that would be useful as although there are many tools out there that do these individual things, not many are as flexible or have batch capability.

Thoughts?

CB
    Quote Quote  
  7. Great program, this is just what I've been waiting for. But I have run into a problem. I decided to test this program with LOTR 4 disk set, used Ulead DVD Workshop to author and burnt to the VIDEO_TS directory. This is where I ran into a problem, because DVD Workshop creates 1gb VTS files, I selected to repatch the entire file, but when testing the DVD I found that if the originally patched headers were located in the middle of the VOB, they were not repatched back to 480x480, and so the picture displayed the stretched and garbled effect. Not realising that the patching did not work, I decided to merge the second and third disk, and create a new DVD, and repatched the entire file again, this time the fourth volume appears not to have been repatched and sure enough the patched headers appeared to have been in the middle of the VOB. To test this theory I used DVDPatcher to patch the entire VOB, this solved the problem. So this appears to be a bug with SVCD2DVDMPG, aside from this the program is still usable and a huge timesaver, I'll just continue to use DVDPatcher until this bug is ironed out. Another minor bug I found was that when selecting to process MPG's separately, the numbered steps in the log window don't reset between processes, so you'll see "step 1 of 4, ... step 4 of 4", select new movie to process, "step 5 of 4, step 6 of 4" etc.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Airr: Yes there is a patch, and a self installing exe. I also will not post due to forum rules. This patch seems to work with no problems.

Chrissyboy: Great program. The reason for the optional header patch, was to save the steps before and after authoring. Then you could just right click, import, author and burn.

Thanks again. Looking forward to any comments.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    zuba: concur with your findings. I'm on the case. Let you know the outcome ASAP.

CB
    Quote Quote  
  10. sparker: Personal opinion i know but for a) i like nearer 100% and B & c are no big deal....
    I respect your opinion, and like your program, but i have to say that nothing is 100%. You can leave the two separate and still get GOP errors, or run into other problems. I just like to get rid of every problem I can, and to me a pause or an overlap are a glitch in the movie.

BTW, I never sorted that bin file problem I posted earlier, but I tried (S)VCD2DVDMPG with my latest download and it worked with no problems. Must have been non-standard or something.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by ChrissyBoy
    As for stardex's request. I'm considering a config option so that you can turn on & off the various steps.

Thoughts?

CB
    Nice. Additional flexiblility is always a plus

Only wish the AC3 restriction wasn't so......
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok i have a problem.

I follow the guides on SVCD2DVDMPG and no matter what i do the file is always outta sync rather it be VCD or SVCD and if i demux the audio in or out of the program here is what i do.

Load up my folder with my .bin
    turn off the remove intermediate files
    go to in/out and choose "BIN->ES"
    go to Res Patch and pick "720" and "entire file"
    than start and all the programs do what they do and than i author
    the dvd in Ifoedit wait till its done than delete the .ifo and stuff it makes
    than rename the .vob files to 01 and 02 (one for each svcd) than crete a new set of ifo in ifoedit than burn onto a dvd-rw and every time (done it for 5 movies so far) every one has be majorly outta sync.
    does anyone know what i am doing wrong to get my files insync?

thanks for the help.
    [ = Check out my band @ www.samadhirock.com = ]
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ive been trying Mainconcept mpeg encoder to convert my VCD to 48 khz, this seems to be curing my out of sync probs, MF2 writes them ok to DVD
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Update:

stardex: patching is now optional.

zeus163: i haven't tried ReelDVD, sorry.

Zuba: re-written the patching algorithm - should be bug free now.

sparker: indeed - nothing is 100%...

Air: AC3 might be an option after the release of BeSweet 1.5(currently in beta 16!)

Jusplayn: although i sent you a version of svcd2dvdmpg with a tooLame encoding option. It turns out that BeSweet is incorporating it into v1.5 and dropping mp2enc..... So I'll wait for this.

v1.1 is finished... www.svcd2dvdmpg.com
    ChrissyBoy
    Quote Quote  
  15. I've made several karaoke songs into VCD and would love to get these onto a VCDDVD. So my question is:

When I use ES option then there's no sound when I auther and burn with DVD Maestro. Is this a compatible problem (cause the dvdplayer lists on www.dvdrhelp.com says the Pioneer DV340 is compatiable).

When I use PS option then SpruceUp or Ulead's DVD Plugin won't regonize the .mpg. Ulead crashes and Spruce says that the header if fucked up (Error in system header)

Any ideas
    Quote Quote  
  16. Chrissyboy I've used this tool with no problems on svcd's, today i've tried to do 3 vcds (pal) and when i come to play them after burning the picture keeps stopping and starting ? the sound is ok and the quality of the picture is ok. When I went to patch the bin files for these I only patched the headers is this what i'm doing wrong , do i need to patch the whole file ???? also is it posiible to put vcds and svcds on the same dvd ??? and is there a work round for putting pal and ntsc on the same dvd, as maestro refuses to accept the two together. please help.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When I try to use this progam...I point the working directory to where my .mpg file (ripped from vcd with VCDEasy) is and when I try to start the program I get a pop-up message which says "Directory does not exist". Could someone please write a step by step guide on how to use this program? Does anyone have an idea what I'm doing wrong? My directory (where I stored the mpg file) is D:\Movie\cd1

It also did the same thing with .bin files.
    Quote Quote  

18. This is a great tool and it saves a lot of time, but when i recorded the dvd-r with the final product 'n' played on my stand alone, the image on tv shrinked. it had the same proportions but it reduced to approx. half of the image. Had the same results with the demo version of dvd-lab.
    Can someone tell me why???
    Ruddie
    Quote Quote  
  19. Ruddie,

I’m also having the same problem but so far have been unable to find the answer to get full screen play back .
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Guys - if you have repatched your SVCD vobs to 480 as per the getting started page, and you still have this problem, i'm afraid you standalone player isn't able to play DVD-SVCDs. Try it on a mates player or with WINDVD to confirm.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Thanks ChrissyBoy, I was starting to think it was time to buy a new DVD player

BTW great little prog keep up the good work.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    BuMpErS: I'd certainly make sure that that was the case. Also do you repatch the entire files? In my own case - if it plays in WINDVD it plays fine on my standalone....
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by ChrissyBoy
    BuMpErS: I'd certainly make sure that that was the case. Also do you repatch the entire files? In my own case - if it plays in WINDVD it plays fine on my standalone....
    No I don't think I have try'd repatching the entire file. I will give it a go and see how I get on - I have try'd DVDlab but get the same results not sure if that tells you anything (other than not being loyal to your software !!).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well DVDLab doesn't require patched headers for SVCDs so it obviuosly doesn't require a re-patch post authoring. So i would say if you have issues with this app then your have a DVD-SVCD compatability issue with you r player..

not being loyal to your software
    DVDLab will be an excellent product. If they get the SVCD part right (I've submitted 2 feature requests to this effect) then it will be a definitive package. That said, I am working on a one click solution SVCD->DVD myself.. check out the website for details. It will be more for people like me who just want to watch SVCD as they always did (i.e. nothing flash menuwise) but getting 2 whole films per DVD.... Put the bins from two films in a directory fireup the app, click a button, go and have dinner come back & burn my DVD!

CB
    Quote Quote  
  25. Thanks ChrissyBoy I appreciate your time trying to help..

I have played around a bit more and have come to the conclusion its definitely a problem with my DVD player. So time to save up for a new one.

[/quote]DVDLab will be an excellent product.[/quote]

I agree DVDlab will be a very good product once it completed..

[/quote]I am working on a one click solution SVCD->DVD myself..[/quote]

Your SVCD to DVD in one hit sounds like a good idea, I look forward to watching its development.
    Quote Quote  
  26. BuMpErS and ChrissyBoy,

sorry for beeing out of this conversation, i wasn't connected.
    First of all thanks for the help, i'll check my stand alone player, but i can tell you right now that the DVDSVCD i made with your software plays on PowerDVD, i don't know if this means something to you. If the problem is with my DVD player i would be very disappointed, cause it is a very modern one and supposed to play VCD, SVCD, MP3, DVD and Karaoke DVDs. So i don't know what i'm gonna do. Anyway, after the test i'll let you guys know. Thanks and any news, please tell me...
    Ruddie
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    rodolfo.jr: Well like you i hope your dvd player isn't to blame. What are you doing? VCD/SVCD? What are you using for authoring? are you repatching after authoring? is so are you doing the entire files?
    Quote Quote  
  28. I am working on a one click solution SVCD->DVD myself..

Put the bins from two films in a directory fireup the app, click a button, go and have dinner come back & burn my DVD!
    If you ever get a chance there may be a huge need to do what IFOEDIT supposedly can't do with DVD2DVD-R (CCE).
    IFOEDIT imports .m2v , imports .ac3 soundtracks, imports .sub subtitles, imports celltimes.txt chapters then muxes them to a VIDEO_TS folder ready to burn to DVD. There's an issue I guess with NTSC DVDs and not with PAL. Oh well here's to dreaming.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @mrbass:

I'm not sure what you mean but here is what SVCD2DVDMPG+ does:

As normal:
    - rip bins
    - demux mpegs
    - resample audio
    - mux vid & audio streams

New:
    - creates vobs & VIDEO_TS for single & multiple VTSs

Now the IfoEdit solution is quite convoluted, especially when you have more than one movie. But otherwise the results are similar - SVCD on DVDRs which play as you would expect. No menus, but hey you never had menus on the SVCD in most cases...

Having the ability to produce multi VTSs means you can mix up PAL & NTSC and movies with different bitrates. If you tried to do that using authoring software which produces a single VTS you'd have a coaster (if it would let you in the first place)
    Quote Quote  
  30. ok here's the scoop. Scenarist is $20,000 and yes many of us can get a hold it it but the masses I'm betting can't. Same with maestro, etc.

DVD2DVD-R I'm been toying with lately but for some reason has a major bug with NTSC dvds. CCE Basic $58. It can output scenarist scripts and subs and then it's a cinch to do but like I said it's a cool 20 Gs.

Many use dvdshrink, dvd2one, dvdtoolbox, etc. But when the movie + audio of main movie only is say over 5.5GB for example the quality suffers quite badly. So Instant Copy is a contender but has trouble with file size prediction, etc.

Just want something for main movie only to author CCE encoded file, ac3 soundtracks, subtitles, and chapters.

Here's kinda what's on the block
    http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/
    $99...currently can't do multiple audio and no subs. Can do AC3 though..sweet.

IFOEDIT works good for only main movie only does it just fine for PAL DVDs but not NTSC. Some say it's due to IfoEdit and others say perhaps pulldown.

Just try TMPGEnc DVD Author $68
    http://www.pegasys-inc.com/e_tmpg_author.html
    and you have to type in each chapter cell time or copy and paste for each chapter so until you can import it's a no go. Can't do subtitles either.

Both the above are aiming (it seems to me) more towards Home video DV market rather than DVD Backup market.

I'm just looking for a relatively cheap app that can do like I said above. And don't tell me Maestro, SpruceUp, ReelDVD or any other thing costing five trillion dollars.

If one wanted to do multi-pgc and episode dvds then it'll be more along the lines of DoItFast4U, DoCCE4U and scenarist or maestro. I'm just talking about main movie only one VTS set and no menus.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!