VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)

Poll: Soft Drink

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Other drinking information

1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. (Likely applies to half world pop.)

2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.

3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.

4. One glass of water shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a U-Washington study.

5. Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
    7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.

8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    .......statistics can seriously damage your health......

Regards,

Rob
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ya' know 78.98435% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM

Regards,

Rob
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tgpo
    Ya' know 78.98435% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
    i bet 87.634934% of the time you are correct
    Quote Quote  
  6. my #1 drink is "DIET" Water! lol...I bet I could actually manufacturer something called "DIET" water, and make Millions! I think I might just start that..after all...most people around the globe are as gullible as can be.
    Quote Quote  
  7. what is cherry coke??? i have never heared of it....down here in oz we only have normal coke and vanilla coke.....where is this new cherry coke??? what does it taste like?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by loseyourself
    what is cherry coke??? i have never heared of it....down here in oz we only have normal coke and vanilla coke.....where is this new cherry coke??? what does it taste like?
    cherry flavor+coke=YUM! :P
    It's was first released here in the states in the '50s(my Dad loves the stuff)
    and then it was discontinued for 30 years and brought back in the '90s.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I voted Coke, but my heart belongs to good ol' Dr. Pepper. I like to get them at Sonic with vanilla flavoring added. mmm....
    Quote Quote  
  10. Yuck, I remember tab. Tasted like sugar water. Late as usual in the forms, but anyways. Coca-Cola! All I drink. that and skim milk. I don't think I can live without it :P
    Used to like barq's rootbeer for a bit, but it started tasting different after drinking it too much. To me, pepsi after taste tastes like soap. ... honest
    Don't knock on deaths door, ring the doorbell and run, death hates that!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    BTW as little ago as about 2 years you would still See Tab for sell in old fashion animal killing plastichook 6packs at my local Albersons, but the price was insane.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Every grocery store here still sells Tab.....
    Quote Quote  
  13. If some of you are old enough do you remember the Saccharin(sweetener) scare in the '70s?A medical report said that Saccharin caused cancer in lab rats so everyone was scared of Tab and many stores stopped carrying it and their sales plummeted.
    http://www.saccharin.org/toxicology.html
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There was also a scare about Candarel causing blindness (presumably if you ate about 5Kg a day and was an intravenous abuser too!)

Regards,

Rob
    Quote Quote  
  15. Far too goddamn old now EddyH's Avatar
    Soul sucking suburbia! But a different part since I last logged on.
    Search Comp PM
    Coffee
    OJ
    (well they count as softs!)
    General fruity carbonated things
    Cola drinks
    Water
    anything else (requires desperation)

And on bizarro world, my alternate self is uncorking a bottle of Mono"c"oke right now... hehe
    -= She sez there's ants in the carpet, dirty little monsters! =-
    Back after a long time away, mainly because I now need to start making up vidcapped DVDRs for work and I haven't a clue where to start any more!
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, if you old enough you should remember cyclamates was banned first. It also was a artificial sweetener. it covered up the after taste of saccharin.

www.acsh.org/press/editorials/sweetener082699.html
    May the force be with you.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Far too goddamn old now EddyH's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    dehydration is the no1 cause of daytime fatigue?
    hmmm.... maybe next time instead of a coffee and a couple of student pep pills i'll have a pint of water or isotonic instead... but then that makes me want to pee all the time and still dont feel awake

devil and a hard place.

Interesting Dr Pepper info but it still tastes weird. Not "bad", as in Dandelion and Burdock bad or supermarket-brand Cola bad, just weird
    didn't tab taste of bubblegum or something, and tab clear more like Normal lemonade, or maybe the other way round. Not that brilliant a flavour anyhow, close to the own-brand supermarket sodas that they only sell because they cost about a quarter what coke does.. but with a premium label and a premium label price.

Seriously don't buy that stuff about the guy drinking 8 bottles of coke and dying from having too much CO2 in the blood. Maybe from some other side effect, but your body doesnt dissolve that much carbon dioxide from what you eat, and could quite quickly exchange all the gas in 8 bottles of coke thru the lungs anyway.. probably produce as much dissolved CO2 on a 2 mile run as is in all that drink. Your stomach would explode from built up gas pressure first, if you didn't burp it all out instead. Maybe drinking too much fluid too fast, though (too much very sugary, very acidic fluid..). How big were the bottles? Glass curvies, or 2-litre plastic family servings?
    Back after a long time away, mainly because I now need to start making up vidcapped DVDRs for work and I haven't a clue where to start any more!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mysterio1
    who cares
    I'm guessing, not you?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Far too goddamn old now EddyH's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Magic formula found. No need for any other drink.

Lots of coffee. Lots of cola. Lots of caffiene pills. Lots of sugary foods and straight-out candy. Lots of water too, very important. Lots of toilet breaks.

Can't talk now. Must go play with funny little naked people with wings on their backs.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I occasionally drink coke, it is the coffee I drink. Too much coffee in fact.

I also drink beer once or twice a week.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In australia the soft drink market is dominated by coca-cola amatil, with all its different brands, and Cadbury-Schweppes. My favourite soft drink is one called Bundaberg Ginger Beer (very strong,very sweet). They also make an after five version of it with (with a dark rum made in the same town) called dark and stormy.(very nice, very dangerous!).
    Quote Quote  
  22. What about Snapple!?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Does anyone here remember "OK soda"? Their motto was "Everything's going to be OK." It was around about 1994/1995. It was made by the Coca Cola company. I lived in WA at the time, and everyone I've asked (else where in the US) says they've never heard of it...
    I loved that stuff. They didn't sell it at places like McDonald's, but in grocery stores, and places like 7-11, and AM-PM in cans and (plastic) bottles.
    "Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgment."
    Zefram Cochrane
    Quote Quote  
  24. Lemon Diet Coke for Me
    If it's wet, drink it

My DVD Collection
    Quote Quote  
  25. Fresca was as bad as Tab if not worse.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Dr. Pepper certainly should have been on this list. For Geeks, it's the drink of choice (note that Patrick Norton consumes two or three gallons of it daily :>)

I've been drinking it ever since it came in the little cans with the spigot top (well, not a spigot but a top with an opening the size of a bottlecap that came to a point -- very odd shape and the only softdrink I can remember that came that way). Well before the time of nearly all of you on this board.
    "Like a knife, he cuts through life, like every day's his last" -- Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    yep, Dr. Pepper it is.

but since we're also playing "do you remember..", yes, I remember OK Cola.

How about Pepsi Clear? My mom went on a business trip and came back from a test market with a 6 pack of the stuff. It was bizarrely compelling, but once that 6 pack was gone, that was it... it was never marketed in our area (that I ever found).

But anyone who grew up around a Safeway supermarket surely remembers the Cragmont brand of soft drinks - my favorites were the Grapefruit Soda (much less horrible than it sounds) and their rip off of Dr. Pepper, called "The Skipper", whose can promised "a fruity, nutty flavor with a little bit more"... my question, of course, a little bit more what?

anyone? anyone? Buehler?
    - housepig
    ----------------
    Housepig Records
    out now:
    Various Artists "Six Doors"
    Unicorn "Playing With Light"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    housepig:
    I remember Clear Pepsi. The only place I could find it was on a Navy base in San Diego, CA. They had a machine outside the Exchange that sold it. "Crystal Clear Cola" as Pepsi called it. It was pretty good.
    "Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgment."
    Zefram Cochrane
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here in Scotland " IRN-BRU " outsells every other soft drink, second only to Whisky.
    Quote Quote