VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)

Poll: Soft Drink

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    no real order

jamacian ginger beer (its not beer)
    vernors bottled in canada #1
    dr. pepper from new orleans
    a&w root beer (the old style version or any really good real root beer)
    coke from asia or the islands (uses cane suger instead of beet suger like they use now in North america and really made it bad) ..
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by double7007
    (Did you know: Pepsi used to be medicine, it had Pepson in it hence the name).
    Coca-Cola started out as a patent medicine, and the name comes from the "medicinal" extract of coca leaves it originally contained. This was before cocaine was considered a dangerous substance, it used to be a very common ingredient in patent medicines (as were a lot of other unhealthy things, like crude oil).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The BEST Coke I ever tasted was at the Las Vegas Coca Cola muesum. Man, that stuff tasted fresh! Even glass bottled Coke isn't as good.

Pay once-Drink all you want. But due to possible testicle shrinkage.....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Conquest10
    Where's RC? living a block away from the distributer, that's like the only cheap soda around here. coke and pepsi are like $1.59 for 2 liters compared to $.99 for 3 liters of RC.
    I love RC, but didn't think enought people would have had it before.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    One word.

FAYGO!

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by i-on-s
    One word.

FAYGO!

What's that?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OMG! you never had/heard faygo? its like ghetto cola well was untill insane clown posse started spraying theyre crowds with it ( which sucks cause the diet rootbeer faygo kinda burns...even on bare skin ) but yea check out www.faygo.com and buy some
    Quote Quote  
  8. I drinkDr.Pepper or the coke equall PibXtra exclusivly in the soda relm, about an average of 4 cases a week (7 day week, not working week)
    Other than that OJ is my Drink of choice.

Sean
    We all like Sheep have gone astray...
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Coca- Cola is my favorite. But I do drink others as well. You forgot to add the Faygo brands. then it's Red Pop.
    May the force be with you.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Guest
    Remember TAB?!!! I unfortunately do. My sister used to drink it often. Blech!!Yuk!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    TAB as in TABBY as in CAT as in CAT piss

it was well named anyway ............
    Quote Quote  
  12. What is this???!!!
    NO DR PEPPER???
    I wanna be bigger, stronger, drive a faster car...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    TAB was wierd but sort of 'novelty cool' - you wouldn't see it for ages and then find it accidentally and buy it. Then they came out with TAB clear. Can anyone remember what the taste was meant to be?

Regards,

Rob

http://www.lundy.org/lundys/kensr/tabsoda/#WorldOfTaB
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I only know Coca Cola, Pepsi and Sprite in this poll. All the other trends don't exist here (or our neighbour countries in generall).
    Where is Fanta, Ivi, 7up, etc? Or the soft drinks like Lucozide, Smirnof mule, Red Bull, etc? Hmmm....

And what is that doctor pepper?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Well Dr Pepper is like Vanilla Coke. It tastes like... coke with vanilla... hmm. I think Dr Pepper came earlier than vanilla coke... I am almost sure... almost.
    I wanna be bigger, stronger, drive a faster car...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Dr. Pepper is VERY old -- in fact older than coke or pepsi ..

Dr Pepper Company is the oldest major manufacturer of soft drink concentrates and syrups in the United States. It is America's unique flavor and was created, manufactured and sold beginning in 1885 in the Central Texas town of Waco.

Dr Pepper is a “native Texan,” originating at Morrison's Old Corner Drug Store. It is the oldest of the major brand soft drinks in America. Like its flavor, the origin of Dr Pepper is out-of-the-ordinary. Charles Alderton, a young pharmacist working at Morrison's store, is believed to be the inventor of the now famous drink. Alderton spent most of his time mixing up medicine for the people of Waco, but in his spare time he liked to serve carbonated drinks at the soda fountain. He loved the way the drug store smelled, with all of the fruit syrup flavor smells mixing together in the air. He decided to to create a drink that tasted like that smell. He kept a journal, and after numerous experiments he finally hit upon a mixture of fruit syrups that he liked.

To test his new drink, he first offered it to store owner Morrison, who also found it to his liking. After repeated sample testing by the two, Alderton was ready to offer his new drink to some of the fountain customers. They liked it as well. Other patrons at Morrison's soda fountain soon learned of Alderton's new drink and began ordering it by asking him to shoot them a "Waco."

Morrison is credited with naming the drink "Dr Pepper" (the period was dropped in the 1950s). Unfortunately, the origin for the name is unclear. The Museum has collected over a dozen different stories on how the drink became known as Dr Pepper.

Dr Pepper gained such widespread consumer favor that other soda fountain operators in Waco began buying the syrup from Morrison and serving it. This soon presented a problem for Alderton and Morrison. They could no longer produce enough at their fountain to supply the demand.

Robert S. Lazenby, a young beverage chemist, had also tasted the new drink and he, too, was impressed. Alderton, the inventor, was primarily interested in pharmacy work and had no designs on the drink. He suggested that Morrison and Lazenby develop it further.

Morrison and Lazenby were impressed with the growth of Dr Pepper. In 1891, they formed a new firm, the Artesian Mfg. & Bottling Company, which later became Dr Pepper Company. Lazenby and his son-in-law, J.B. O'Hara moved the company from Waco to Dallas in 1923.

In 1904, Lazenby and O'Hara introduced Dr Pepper to almost 20 million people attending the 1904 World's Fair Exposition in St. Louis. The exposition was the setting for more than one major product debut. Hamburgers and hot dogs were first served on buns at the exposition, and the ice cream cone was introduced.

From 1910 to 1914, Dr Pepper was identified with the slogan, "King of Beverages." "Old Doc," a typical country doctor character with monocle and top hat, became the Dr Pepper trademark character in the 1920s and 1930s. During that era, research was discovered proving that sugar provided energy and that the average person experiences a letdown during the normal day at 10:30a.m., 2:30p.m. and 4:30p.m. A contest was held for the creation of an ad using this new information. The winner of the ad campaign came up with the famous advertising slogan, "Drink a bite to eat at 10, 2, and 4." Dr Pepper's slogan in the 1950s was "the friendly Pepper-Upper," which led the brand into the 1960s when it became associated with rock and roll music and on Dick Clark's American Bandstand TV show.

With changing times came changing slogans. To broaden its appeal across the nation, Dr Pepper hailed itself as "the most misunderstood soft drink," and then in the 1970s became "the most original soft drink ever in the whole wide world." In 1977, Dr Pepper advertising was marked by the famous "Be a Pepper" campaign, and today Dr Pepper's slogan is "Be You."
    Quote Quote  
  17. BJ_M,
    Good work on the history of Dr.Pepper you get a gold star and an honorary mention in the Soft Drink Hall of Fame.
    BTW..Mr Pibb is a Coca-Cola knock-off but is almost as good.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well that's interesting!
    Thank BJ!
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Very Interesting. Does anybody remember Upper 10 and Buble Up? Or how about the Shasta brand? Or how about Swiss Creame Soda?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i still drink upper10. in fact, i got a bottle of it right here.
    His name was MackemX

What kind of a man are you? The guy is unconscious in a coma and you don't have the guts to kiss his girlfriend?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I remember Shasta....Mc Nasty

Here in the South I can't find Fresca anywhere....nor can you find Taco Supreme Doritos.....and those were my favorite!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    fresca is sold by coke and still listed as for sale -- ive not seen it in ages though anywhere ... its suger free and grapefruit based - you would think it would be pretty popular .. (like wink)

Fresca is the official beverage of the Northwestern High School Band

Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I forgot about Mr. Pibb.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That was Canfield's Swiss cream soda. Canfield's had a lot of flavors too. Well, I found a place to buy it. And found Cheerwine for tgpo and it is out of Chicago! Shipped from NC to Chicaga back to NC just tgpo.

www.beveragesdirect.com/products/index.asp
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    http://www.00fun.com/interestingfacts.shtml

To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coke into the toilet. Let it sit for one hour, then flush clean.

To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a crumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coke.

To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coke over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coke to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coke into the baking pan; wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of Coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coke will help loosen grease stains.

It will also clean road haze from your windshield!

In many states the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

There was a competition in Delhi University: "Who can drink the most Coke?". The winner drank 8 bottles and died on the spot because he had too much carbon dioxide in the blood and not enough oxygen. YIKES!

If you put a broken tooth in a bottle of Pepsi, in 10 days it will fully dissolve!

Regeards,

Rob
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I like Welche's Grape Soda. :P
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you put a steak in a bowl of Coke, in two days it'll be done.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    But if you put a stake through a can of Coke, it will still live!

Regards,

Rob
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by rhegedus
    But if you put a stake through a can of Coke, it will still live!

Regards,

Rob
    lol I heard you could top off your car battery with Coke.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Interesting Coke Facts...

* Coca-Cola's original formula included extracts of the African kola nut and coca leaves, both strong stimulants. It was one of those patent medicines sold in the 1800's that actually contained traces of cocaine. By 1903, the use of cocaine was so controversial that the Coca-Cola Company decided to only use "spent coca leaves". It also stopped advertising Coca-Cola as a cure for headaches and other ills.

* Coca-Cola and the Olympic Games began their association in the Summer of 1928.

* When WWII began, the company's use of sugar in the manufacturing of syrup for civilian consumption was restricted to 50% of its pre-war average due to rationing. The rationing ended in August, 1947.

* If all the Coca-Cola ever produced to this point were to gush from "Old Faithful" at its normal rate of 15,000 gallons every hour, the geyser would flow continually for over 1,685 years! Another way of putting that fact---if the geyser had been continually erupting since 313 A.D., it would just be running out about now!

* In Brazil, a local bottler makes 3-day trips up the Amazon River to deliver Coca-Cola to remote locations!

* The slogan "Good to the Last Drop" was first used by the Coca-Cola Company in 1908. It later became the slogan for Maxwell House coffee.

* Cuba and Panama were the first two countries to bottle Coca-Cola outside of the U.S.

* Coca-Cola trucks travel over 1,000,000 miles a day to supply consumers with soft drinks!

* The greater Mexico City bottler produces the greatest volume of any Coca-Cola bottler on the globe.

* Coca-Cola was first shipped in used whiskey kegs and barrels, but they were painted red to give them a distinctive mark. The color red has been associated with the product ever since.

* It took 58 years--until 1944--to sell the first billion gallons of Coca-Cola syrup. Today, that billion gallon mark falls approximately every 7-1/2 months!

* Coca-Cola products are now sold in approximately 200 countries and their logo is written in over 80 languages!

* Coca-Cola is the world's most recognizable trademark---recognized by 94% of the world's population!

* If all the vending machines in the United States were stacked one ontop another, the pile would be over 450 miles high!

* The consumption of Coca-Cola Classic in the U.S. exceeds each of the following: bottled water, juices, powdered drinks, wine and distilled spirits

* There are 7,000 Coca-Cola products consumed worldwide every single second!

* More than 5 billion bottles of Coca-Cola were consumed by military personnel during WWII

* In 1943, an American soldier stationed in Italy received 2 bottles of Coca-Cola sent from home. He raffled them off at 25 cents a shot and made over $4,000 for charity!

* In 1886, sales of Coca-Cola averaged 9 drinks a day. That first year, John Pemberton sold only 25 gallons of syrup. For his efforts, he grossed $50.00 and spent $73.96 in advertising!

* Diet Coke is known as Coca-Cola Light in most countries outside of the U.S. and Canada. It is the most popular diet cola worldwide.

* The first outdoor sign advertising Coca-Cola still exists. It was originally painted in 1894 and is located in Cartersville, Georgia.

* By the 1950's, automobile service stations sold more Coca-Cola than they did motor oil!

* In July, 1985, Coca-Cola became the first soft drink to be enjoyed in outer space...on the Space Shuttle Challenger. A special company-developed space-can was used.

* Asa Candler, owner of Coca-Cola from 1891-1919, later became mayor of Atlanta, Georgia.

Other Information:
    1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days.

2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for Highly corrosive materials.

3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!
    Quote Quote