VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by bdgriff
    Just wonder if you still have the same download site? When I go to it now it still say V.41 (newest version) on web site. Aren't you on like 46??? Just wondering....Great proggie though..
    Yep, Go by the update in the about menu, I do not update we web site as quick as I do the program. I will correct it however.

cheers
    nicw
    nicw
    Quote Quote  
  2. Betcha can't Betcha gonna just wanna download them to see the changes?

I wish I was rich, but sadly I am not, I rely on donations from folk who use my software. I have a secret weapon that other programmers do not seem to use. Actually I spend very little time programming. Whenever I have a spare second I read and note changes I a want to make. Then when I have a few documented changes I go make em, test what I can then release it, then I go back to doing other things and reading whenever I can.

cheers
    nicw
    lol...yea...that's true..I definitely will have to download the newest versions as they come out. This program is really great as I as well as many have mentioned early on...and it's becoming more needed as certain online sites seem to be very shady as to which manufactured id media one will get with a particular purchase. Some people were under the impression they would definitely get "SONY" from Rima under the DUPEZ name....especially with the "white top" but that has proven not to be the case. I quick load up of your great proggy will tell the real deal. Keep up the great work, and you must have a secret weapon because you continue to make huge strides with each update.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    nicw,
    When I first tried using your software (DVDinfo) it bluescreened and locked up my system. I also later found out that another piece of software on my computer was having the same problem as yours when I tried running it. The other piece of software was "Audiograbber". I later traced the problem to a conflict between the driver for my PNY Compact Flash/Smartmedia reader and DVDinfo or Audiograbber. I ended up replacing my PNY media reader with a Dazzle and this corrected the problem. Now both programs work. I did find a bug in your latest update though. In version 0.46 I cannot get my Pioneer/Cendyne DVR-104 to identify what type of media is in the drive. The display window just remains blank. It worked perfectly until version 0.45. So for now I have gone back to version 0.45. Other than the two problems I just mentioned I would like to say that I Really Love Your Program and to keep up the good work. I have never seen anyone work as fast as you do to correct software problems. Now if only the big companies would work as hard as you do to fix bugs in their software then the computer world would be a much better place. Unfortunately I don't see this happening, so it's just you for now.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by KTH
    nicw,
    When I first tried using your software (DVDinfo) it bluescreened and locked up my system. I also later found out that another piece of software on my computer was having the same problem as yours when I tried running it. The other piece of software was "Audiograbber". I later traced the problem to a conflict between the driver for my PNY Compact Flash/Smartmedia reader and DVDinfo or Audiograbber. I ended up replacing my PNY media reader with a Dazzle and this corrected the problem. Now both programs work. I did find a bug in your latest update though. In version 0.46 I cannot get my Pioneer/Cendyne DVR-104 to identify what type of media is in the drive. The display window just remains blank. It worked perfectly until version 0.45. So for now I have gone back to version 0.45. Other than the two problems I just mentioned I would like to say that I Really Love Your Program and to keep up the good work. I have never seen anyone work as fast as you do to correct software problems. Now if only the big companies would work as hard as you do to fix bugs in their software then the computer world would be a much better place. Unfortunately I don't see this happening, so it's just you for now.
    Hi,

thanks for the comments. Can you elaborate on this? via which method does it not work? Media info button. Advanced command Complete Media Code or Advanced command "Pre-recorded lead in 0e?

cheers
    nicw
    nicw
    Quote Quote  
  5. Just wondering if anyone else has the problem when clicking on either check for update in the about section, or right clicking in taskbar area to check for update it does NOTHING. It hasn't ever checked for udates anytime since v. 36 or so...I also get a blank screen when clicking on show media info button.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by bdgriff
    Just wondering if anyone else has the problem when clicking on either check for update in the about section, or right clicking in taskbar area to check for update it does NOTHING. It hasn't ever checked for udates anytime since v. 36 or so...I also get a blank screen when clicking on show media info button.
    Hi,

I will put some more error checking in the update section so you can see what the problem is. The update function did change however in V0.37 so try that one.

The blank screen is probably caused by the mmc compliance test failing, and a bug prevented the message from being displayed. V0.37 corrects the display bug. I am working on the mmc complaince test at them moment to see if I can either improve it or remove it.

cheers
    nicw
    nicw
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by nicw
    Originally Posted by KTH
    nicw,
    Hi,

thanks for the comments. Can you elaborate on this? via which method does it not work? Media info button. Advanced command Complete Media Code or Advanced command "Pre-recorded lead in 0e?

cheers
    nicw
    Nicw,
    The problem occurs when clicking on the "Media Info" button. The DVDinfo screen just blanks out. The disc is readable by the DVD-R drive because you can see the Media info if you use "Nero CD Speed".
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    nicw,
    Just to let you know your latest update (version 0.47) corrected the "NO DISPLAY" problem that I was having when clicking the Media Info button. Keep up the GOOD WORK!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Folks,

DVDINFO V0.48 has been posted to the site. There are some significant changes as detailed below.

Recent Changes:

1. Changed the way devices are used. The selected device is now only opened for the period of time needed to fetch data with a command and is then closed, and re-opened on the next command. Prior version kept the device open for the duration of program execution or till you changed devices.

2. Added program logging. This defaults to off and can be enabled in the settings, it logs program operation, errors etc. When ever you post or email a bug report please enabled logging and include it with your post or email. It writes a "dvdinfo.log" file to the dvdinof directory, and if the file already exists it renames it to olddvdinfo.log.

3. Fixed a possbile problem if a saved device was removed from the computer could cause the program to crash when it tried to find it.

cheers
    nicw
    nicw
    Quote Quote  
  10. Folks,

DVDINFO V0.49 (daily) has been released to the web site.

See end of readme doc file for full changes history.

Driveinfo has been extended and gives much more info, and the design of the display data has changed.
    Minor improvements in the DVD+RW format routine.
    Added time display at start of each line in log file.

cheers
    nicw
    nicw
    Quote Quote  
  11. I would love to use this program but I can't. I get the BSOD on my XP Pro system. Tried the latest one from the website, still no luck.

From my knowlege of BSOD messages it seems that the program is conflicting with the memory space of a driver.

Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  12. That will teach me! I have now read all of the posts in this thread & realised that another user has had a BSOD. I also have a USB Compactflash reader (Jenoptik). Removed it & now your program works. Well here goes!
    Quote Quote  
  13. Folks,

I have just posted DVDInfo V0.52 to the web site.

DVDInfo

cheers
    nicw
    nicw
    Quote Quote  
  14. Oh well, I suppose its back to guessing....my Panasonic SW9581 'does not support media code'. I suppose that I cannot post any comments about media now as I don't really know the codes.....
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by pooh-bear
    Oh well, I suppose its back to guessing....my Panasonic SW9581 'does not support media code'. I suppose that I cannot post any comments about media now as I don't really know the codes.....
    I would really like to try and find a way to get more info on drives such as this. They must somehow be able to read this data as it contains info they need to burn at different speeds etc. It may just be they do not provide it to the interface or maybe there could be a vendor specific command to retrieve it. I am still researching it but so far drawn a blank.

cheers
    nicw
    nicw
    Quote Quote  
  16. Well Nicw if you want anyone to test it for you I am happy to do it. Just drop me a line.

Chris.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Folks,

I just released DVDInfo V0.55 to the web site.

This should fix the device sort order some folks were having.
    Added a VOB, MPG, AVI etc simple player.
    other fixes and improvements.

The player uses DirectShow to render the files and so will auto pick up any installed codec. The drawback is it can only play VOBS if they are unencrypted.

If anyone can lend assistance to me to be able to play them direct from DVD with encryption please contact me.

cheers
    nicw
    nicw
    Quote Quote  
  18. d00d YOU ARE A MACHINE!
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by VinnySem
    d00d YOU ARE A MACHINE!
    Thanks.

Its a shame though, I just spent three days putting a full ripper into the program and now I find out under Australian law it is illegal, so I have had to take the code out.

I am trying to get legal advice at the moment, but for now no ripper code

I will release V0.56 soon.

cheers
    nicw
    nicw
    Quote Quote  
  20. Let's see, a DVD drive & media info tool, rewritable media eraser, media player, now you're shooting for a ripper? d00d at this rate, by the end of the year you're going to rewrite Windows! WindowsNICW, howz that sound?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Folks,

I have released V0.60 of DVDInfo to the web site.

http://www.nicsoft.com.au/dvdinfo.html

Please see the program help for program history.

cheers
    nicw[/url]
    nicw
    Quote Quote  
  22. I am using the latest version of DVDInfo.
    I selected, by accident, the ASPI box instead of the STI box. Mow everytime I try to run DVDInfo it tells me I have the incorrect ASPI version. When I click the ok about the wrong version, it closes the program. So I cannot get past this to change the setting back to STI. Also the previous versions identified my DVD-R/RW as a Toshiba SD5002...which is correct. This version now identifies the writer as a Pioneer 105.
    I am running the latest ASPI from adaptec (aspicheck shows all files present and up to date). Also I am running Windows XP with all current updates. The drive is a Toshiba SD5002.

-=AE=-
    Quote Quote  
  23. I will do a fix for that in next version.

Meanwhile here is a workaround.

1. run regedit.
    2. find the following key.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Nic Wilsons Software\DvdInfo\DvdInfo

3. change ASPIInterface to a 0
    4. Close regedit.

cheers
    nicw
    nicw
    Quote Quote  
  24. Worked like a charm.....

BTW, thanks for the wonderful program. Do not know how we got by without it.

Cheers
    -=AE=-
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ATTENTION Sony 500a(x) owners,

DVDinfo will give +R/+RW information from discs without the need to be written to. Previously +R media could be detected by some burners only after writing to the disc was done. By using the media info button on unburnt +R and +RW, NicW has found this to be the case.

Any other Multi-format burner owners ie NEC ND1300, LG 4040b etc are asked to please contribute findings regarding this.

Regards
    Studebarc.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Folks,

I have just uploaded DVDinfo V0.63 to the web site.

http://www.nicsoft.com.au/dvdinfo.html

cheers
    nicw
    nicw
    Quote Quote  
  27. Folks,

I have posted DVDInfo V0.65 to the web site. some fixes and some changes requested by users. See program history in the help file for more detail, and the documentation for extra detail.

cheers
    nicw
    nicw
    Quote Quote  
  28. Folks,

I am pleased to announce that DVDInfo V1.00 RC1 has been posted to the site.

All submitted and known bugs and anomolies have now been corrected and verified.

If you know of, or find any now is the time to submit them prior to the full released of V1.00.

cheers
    nicw
    nicw
    Quote Quote  
  29. Folks,

I am readying V1.00RC2 of DVDInfo for release soon. A new function requires input from users. Please see a new topic on this here

http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?t=13827

cheers
    nicw
    nicw
    Quote Quote  
  30. Folks,

I have just posted DVDInfo V1.00 RC4. This is the last Release Candidate. The next release will be the full release of V1.00.

RC4 has some significant changes as below. Please test the changes and report any problems or wishes ASAP before I close changes for V1.00.

V1.00 RC4 Changes and Additions.

Added some new background skins.
    Added DVD-VIDEO disc region type display to the Media Info display.
    Asded a new advanced command “Read a block from media”
    Changed the position of the media version and type fields.
    Changed “Loaded Media Speed” to “Current Drive Speed” in MediaInfo
    Changed “True Media Speed” to “Media Code Speed” in MediaInfo
    Added “Write Strategy Speed” to in MediaInfo display.
    Lowered the intensity of the purple off colour. Better for the electric skin.
    Lowered the intensity of the orange display off colour Better for hot skin.
    Lowered the intensity of the yellow display off colour Better for hot skin.
    Updated the button skin template to the latest version.
    Updated the skins read me file, in the skins directory.
    Moved credits from about dialog to new credits dialog via a button.
    Added a new credits dialog box and linked to ‘Credits’ button
    Converted the two DVD logos in the About Dialog to buttons.
    Added tool-tip text to the new logo buttons in the about dialog
    Changed the CopyToClipboard function so it does not re-read the data
    Corrected the ToolTip text for the format button. Corrected the ToolTip text for the minimize button
    Altered the ToolTip text for the BookType button.
    Altered the ToolTip text for the Play button
    Added a new page ‘advanced commands to the help file.
    Fixed a bug. Advanced Commands 01h, 02h & 46h not working correctly.
    Fixed incorrect pixels in the skin file “Template.image.large.bmp”
    Bug fix. New skins not being loaded immediately
    Bug fix. Visiting the settings dialog caused status icon to remain.

cheers
    nicw
    nicw
    Quote Quote